Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix begginers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix begginers Post 302139703 by jao_madn on Monday 8th of October 2007 09:06:44 PM
Old 10-08-2007
ah.. i see..how about the processes that still running or sleeping like the -csh in which the user has been already logout..or the processes still running but the user who run that processes already logout...
thnks for the reply

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a begginers question

hey i'm very much new to unix i'm trying to write a script which goes through given files and checks if the files begin with # and if they are executable my problem is that when i try to check the result of my query i'm getting nada let me explain : when i write if (`file $i | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
RUNQUEUE(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					       RUNQUEUE(9)

NAME
choosethread, procrunnable, remrunqueue, setrunqueue -- manage the queue of runnable processes SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/proc.h> extern struct rq itqueues[]; extern struct rq rtqueues[]; extern struct rq queues[]; extern struct rq idqueues[]; struct thread * choosethread(void); int procrunnable(void); void remrunqueue(struct thread *td); void setrunqueue(struct thread *td); DESCRIPTION
The run queue consists of four priority queues: itqueues for interrupt threads, rtqueues for realtime priority processes, queues for time sharing processes, and idqueues for idle priority processes. Each priority queue consists of an array of NQS queue header structures. Each queue header identifies a list of runnable processes of equal priority. Each queue also has a single word that contains a bit mask identify- ing non-empty queues to assist in selecting a process quickly. These are named itqueuebits, rtqueuebits, queuebits, and idqueuebits. The run queues are protected by the sched_lock mutex. procrunnable() returns zero if there are no runnable processes other than the idle process. If there is at least one runnable process other than the idle process, it will return a non-zero value. Note that the sched_lock mutex does not need to be held when this function is called. There is a small race window where one CPU may place a process on the run queue when there are currently no other runnable processes while another CPU is calling this function. In that case the second CPU will simply travel through the idle loop one additional time before noticing that there is a runnable process. This works because idle CPUs are not halted in SMP systems. If idle CPUs are halted in SMP sys- tems, then this race condition might have more serious repercussions in the losing case, and procrunnable() may have to require that the sched_lock mutex be acquired. choosethread() returns the highest priority runnable thread. If there are no runnable threads, then the idle thread is returned. This func- tion is called by cpu_switch() and cpu_throw() to determine which thread to switch to. choosethread() must be called with the sched_lock mutex held. setrunqueue() adds the thread td to the tail of the appropriate queue in the proper priority queue. The thread must be runnable, i.e. p_stat must be set to SRUN. This function must be called with the sched_lock mutex held. remrunqueue() removes thread td from its run queue. If td is not on a run queue, then the kernel will panic(9). This function must be called with the sched_lock mutex held. SEE ALSO
cpu_switch(9), scheduler(9), sleepqueue(9) BSD
August 15, 2010 BSD