Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to make ABC into "ABC" ina file Post 302139440 by devtakh on Saturday 6th of October 2007 09:48:24 PM
Old 10-06-2007
as simple as this...using sed..

sed 's/[a-zA-Z]*/"&"/g' filename

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the output from [ -s "abc.txt" ]

Hi, I am trying to check the file not empty, if its not empty then i try to send other system by ftp, the following codes doesnt work if ] then echo "File ${OUTBOUNDFILE} have data" ftp -i -n -v 204.104.22.33 >> ${FTP_LOGFILE} << EOF user abc def ascii put ${OUTBOUNDFILE} quit EOF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Imran_Chennai
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

3. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

In ksh shell command - Print "-ABC" is giving error

Hi Guys, while executing the following command : print "-ABC" is giving following error : ksh: print: bad option(s) I cannot use echo for some other reasons, so any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is difference between ./abc.sh and . abc.sh

Hi Friends I have one shell script abc.sh If I run it ./abc.sh and . abc.sh , then what is the difference.. Thanks Joy:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use if statement to check a string start with "abc"

I am trying to write a if statement in KSH that if a string is start with abc then print something, I have written some code as below but it doesn't work. Could someone please help me if ] then print success fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhever
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

del the line before the "abc"line and after it

$file1 haha hello i'm lei i'm abc you are right yes it is I want to get file2 haha i'm abc yes it is del line before and after the line contains abc I want to know the two steps 1,del the line before line "abc' ,2 del the line after the "abc question 2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Echo "abc" | sed - r 's/a/&_&/

I want to know the working of & here step by step using sed command. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preeti07
1 Replies
AHB(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AHB(4)

NAME
ahb -- Adaptec EISA SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device ahb Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ahb_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
This driver provides access to the SCSI bus connected to an Adaptec AHA-174X host adapters in ``enhanced'' mode. Tagged queueing and syn- chronous SCSI transfers are supported. HARDWARE
The ahb driver supports the following SCSI host adapters: o Adaptec AHA-1740 o Adaptec AHA-1742 o Adaptec AHA-1740A o Adaptec AHA-1742A SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahc(4), aic(4), cd(4), da(4), sa(4), scsi(4) AUTHORS
The ahb driver was written by Justin T. Gibbs. CAVEATS
The Adaptec 174X is very sensitive to SCSI bus termination and cable length. It may also have difficulties operating with some modern devices that, due to their speed, expose timing problems in the controller. There are no known mechanisms for working around device incom- patibilities of this nature. BSD
July 4, 2004 BSD