Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to make ABC into "ABC" ina file Post 302139437 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 6th of October 2007 08:15:25 PM
Old 10-06-2007
Code:
echo "ABC CDF ADF FDG HAA AHH AHA" | awk '{ for ( i=1; i<=NF; i++ ) { printf "\"%s\" ", $i } }END{ printf "\n" }'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the output from [ -s "abc.txt" ]

Hi, I am trying to check the file not empty, if its not empty then i try to send other system by ftp, the following codes doesnt work if ] then echo "File ${OUTBOUNDFILE} have data" ftp -i -n -v 204.104.22.33 >> ${FTP_LOGFILE} << EOF user abc def ascii put ${OUTBOUNDFILE} quit EOF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Imran_Chennai
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

3. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

In ksh shell command - Print "-ABC" is giving error

Hi Guys, while executing the following command : print "-ABC" is giving following error : ksh: print: bad option(s) I cannot use echo for some other reasons, so any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is difference between ./abc.sh and . abc.sh

Hi Friends I have one shell script abc.sh If I run it ./abc.sh and . abc.sh , then what is the difference.. Thanks Joy:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use if statement to check a string start with "abc"

I am trying to write a if statement in KSH that if a string is start with abc then print something, I have written some code as below but it doesn't work. Could someone please help me if ] then print success fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhever
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

del the line before the "abc"line and after it

$file1 haha hello i'm lei i'm abc you are right yes it is I want to get file2 haha i'm abc yes it is del line before and after the line contains abc I want to know the two steps 1,del the line before line "abc' ,2 del the line after the "abc question 2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Echo "abc" | sed - r 's/a/&_&/

I want to know the working of & here step by step using sed command. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preeti07
1 Replies
AIC(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						    AIC(4)

NAME
aic -- Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
device aic In /boot/device.hints: hint.aic.0.at="isa" DESCRIPTION
The aic driver provides support for the Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI controller chips. Many systems that use these controller chips do not have a boot ROM and therefore cannot be booted from. HARDWARE
The adapters supported by the aic driver include: o Adaptec AHA-1505 (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1510A, AHA-1510B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1520A, AHA-1520B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1522A, AHA-1522B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1535 (ISA) o Creative Labs SoundBlaster SCSI host adapter (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1460, AHA-1460B, AHA-1460C, AHA-1460D (PC Card) o Adaptec AHA-1030B, AHA-1030P (PC98) o NEC PC-9801-100 (PC98) SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahb(4), ahc(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4) BUGS
The driver does not work well with multiple devices on the SCSI bus. The driver works well with devices like CDROMs and Tape drives. The driver works not so well with disk drives. The PC Card version appears to work better than the ISA version, but that may be due to differing levels of testing of the devices. BSD
November 8, 2003 BSD