Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix/Neoware/Font Issues
Operating Systems Linux Unix/Neoware/Font Issues Post 302139418 by foal_11 on Saturday 6th of October 2007 08:16:19 AM
Old 10-06-2007
Font

Srry ..didnt work..I need to change the font size ..not reformat it,

Is there an option to decrease the size and save it in another file..?
Since the file has to be sent to a neoware box and printed there ,Im sure there wont be command available at that side..so Im looking to format my file at the AIX server only.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different font size in Unix and Window

Hi, i will like to enquire whether anybody got encountered this problem before. When i try to print a report in pdf from window to the printer the size is what i want but when i batch print from Unix , calling a batch job the report that are generated out from the printer is of bigger font , why is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Russian font in Unix

Hi, I've installed russian font (Cyrillic) in my system. But I could not type in those characters under unix. Especially for mail. Do I have to do any settings? Please advice. Regards, Venu. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrvarier
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the font colour in unix ?

Could you pls tell me how to change the font colour in unix ? What is the syntax ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to change font and colour in mail sent from Unix

Dear All, We have following code to send mails from unix to users. We want to see few sentences of mail in bold font or to hightlight few lines in different colours. Could you please let me know how can we do it in function construct_body. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogichavan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Citrix font problem

Hello world! I have a problem with my solaris 8 and 9 machines running Citrix server, the fonts in X applications are hard to read and faulty scaled. Anybody know how to turn om some kind of anti-aliasing or font smoothing? /David (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font change in unix while sending email

Hi, I know that we would be require HTML to change the font and color of the text of the output, if we wnt to send that through the email. But I have managed to get below code, can someone look into it and let me know if i can acheive my requirement through this kind of code: Following can... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail from UNIX in courier font

Need assistance . I have a cvs file which i changed to html file but when i try to send mail to outlook its indent goes wrong. any idea is appreciated . below are some commands i tried using Converting csv to html #!/bin/sh nawk 'BEGIN{ FS="," print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Quick Update on UNIX.COM Site Renovation: Bootstrap, Font Awesome and jQuery

Here is an update on the site renovation: After a lot of analysis and example programming, including testing out a number of Javascript framework and libraries, in the short term, we are getting the most bang-for-the-buck from these three basic, core tech areas: Bootstrap (CSS and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
XDrawText(3X11) 						     MIT X11R4							   XDrawText(3X11)

Name
       XDrawText, XDrawText16, XTextItem, XTextItem16 - draw polytext text and text drawing structures

Syntax
       XDrawText(display, d, gc, x, y, items, nitems)
	  Display *display;
	  Drawable d;
	  GC gc;
	  int x, y;
	  XTextItem *items;
	  int nitems;

XDrawText16(display, d, gc, x, y, items, nitems)
	  Display *display;
	  Drawable d;
	  GC gc;
	  int x, y;
	  XTextItem16 *items;
	  int nitems;

Arguments
       d	 Specifies the drawable.

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

gc	 Specifies the GC.

items	 Specifies a pointer to an array of text items.

nitems	 Specifies the number of text items in the array.

x
       y	 Specify the x and y coordinates, which are relative to the origin of the specified drawable and define the origin of the first
		 character.

Description
       The function is similar to except that it uses 2-byte or 16-bit characters.  Both functions allow complex spacing and font shifts between
       counted strings.

Each text item is processed in turn.  A font member other than in an item causes the font to be stored in the GC and used for subsequent
       text.  A text element delta specifies an additional change in the position along the x axis before the string is drawn.	The delta is
       always added to the character origin and is not dependent on any characteristics of the font.  Each character image, as defined by the font
       in the GC, is treated as an additional mask for a fill operation on the drawable.  The drawable is modified only where the font character
       has a bit set to 1.  If a text item generates a error, the previous text items may have been drawn.

For fonts defined with linear indexing rather than 2-byte matrix indexing, each structure is interpreted as a 16-bit number with byte1 as
       the most-significant byte.

Both functions use these GC components: function, plane-mask, fill-style, font, subwindow-mode, clip-x-origin, clip-y-origin, and clip-
       mask.  They also use these GC mode-dependent components: foreground, background, tile, stipple, tile-stipple-x-origin, and tile-stipple-y-
       origin.

and can generate and errors.

Structures
       The and structures contain:

typedef struct {
	 char *chars;	   /* pointer to string */
	 int nchars;	   /* number of characters */
	 int delta;	   /* delta between strings */
	 Font font;	   /* Font to print it in;
				    None do not change */
       } XTextItem;

typedef struct {
	 XChar2b *chars;   /* pointer to two-byte characters */
	 int nchars;	   /* number of characters */
	 int delta;	   /* delta between strings */
	 Font font;	   /* font to print it in;
				    None do not change */
       } XTextItem16;

If the font member is not the font is changed before printing and also is stored in the GC.  If an error was generated during text drawing,
       the previous items may have been drawn.	The baseline of the characters are drawn starting at the x and y coordinates that you pass in the
       text drawing functions.

For example, consider the background rectangle drawn by If you want the upper-left corner of the background rectangle to be at pixel coor-
       dinate (x,y), pass the (x,y + ascent) as the baseline origin coordinates to the text functions.	The ascent is the font ascent, as given in
       the structure.  If you want the lower-left corner of the background rectangle to be at pixel coordinate (x,y), pass the (x,y - descent + 1)
       as the baseline origin coordinates to the text functions.  The descent is the font descent, as given in the structure.

Diagnostics
       A value for a Drawable argument does not name a defined Window or Pixmap.

A value for a Font or GContext argument does not name a defined Font.

A value for a GContext argument does not name a defined GContext.

An	 window is used as a Drawable.

See Also
       XDrawImageString(3X11), XDrawString(3X11), XLoadFont(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XDrawText(3X11)