Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy files from a directory by ftp Post 302139405 by hippa77 on Saturday 6th of October 2007 05:38:18 AM
Old 10-06-2007
Question Copy files from a directory by ftp

Hi all,
I have to enable users to access a folder by ftp. Could you tell me which configurations files I must modify or create? Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from one directory to another

I need to copy about 13 Tb of data from one directory and subdirectories to the other (another mount point). If I run this as a cron, say between 10 pm and 7 am, not all of the files will be copied over. Is there a way of 'resuming' the copy the following evenings until all files are copied over? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hd2006
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from one directory to another

Hi when copy the files from one directory to another as like below,it is tried to copy *. as a file. cp /home/rha/*. My objective is to copy all the files (don't care about case sensitive), Thanks in advance for your valuable reply. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HAA
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I copy files on remote server with ftp ?

I just realize the only way is to download and upload again.. is not possible to copy them remotely with the ftp protocol ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy all files into the same directory

Dear All, Again I have another simple question. :confused: I want to write a csh which can copy all files of a current directory with a new name in the same directory, I mean: If I have tree bird apple as files in a directory I want to give ,say number 007 as argument to my csh and it copies... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreamer0085
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP failed to copy mulitple files from multiple directory

I am using below scripts to copy all the files from multiple folders. By executing individually command i am able to copy all the files but using scripts only getting first file. System is ignoring the second CD and mget command. HOST=server.com USER=loginid PASSWD="abc" echo "open $HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetvipin
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files into another directory

I have a folder will a lot of documents (pdf, xls, doc etc.) which users have uploaded but only 20% of them are currently linking from my html files. So my goal is to copy only the files which are linked in my html files from my Document directory into another directory. Eg: My documents exist... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitha
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the files in directory and sub folders as it is to another directory.

How to copy files from one directory to another directory with the subfolders copied. If i have folder1/sub1/sub2/* it needs to copy files to folder2/sub1/sub2/*. I do not want to create sub folders in folder2. Can copy command create them automatically? I tried cp -a and cp -R but did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy a directory without specific files?

Hi I need to copy a huge directory with thousands of files onto another directory but without *.WMV files (and without *.wmv - perhaps we need to use *.). Pls advise how can I do that. Thanks (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
17 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)