Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users A question on using sed or awk Post 302139378 by hare on Friday 5th of October 2007 05:49:41 PM
Old 10-05-2007
A question on using sed or awk

Hi I have a pattern like this. repeating many lines
CHANGE #13 TYP:22 CLS: 21 AFN:12 DBA:0x0040a15f OBJ:41142 SCN:0x0000.00036b3e SEQ:1 OP:11.2
CHANGE #15 TYP:32 CLS: 32 AFN:212 DBA:0x0040a15f OBJ:41143 SCN:0x0000.00046b3e SEQ:1 OP:13.3
And i am trying to do the following:
a) I need to get an output like this
OBJ:41142 SCN:0x0000.00036b3e SEQ:1 OP:11.2
OBJ:41143 SCN:0x0000.00046b3e SEQ:1 OP:13.3
So basically strip all content from Change # till the start of OBJ.
b)Secondly once i get (a) done i want some kind of a calculation like
OBJ:41142 SCN:224062 SEQ:1 OP:11.2
OBJ:41143 SCN:289598 SEQ:1 OP:13.3
where in the scn values are derived based on some calculation like
the decimal equivalent of first *4GB+the decimal equivalent of second.
Are these possible using sed or awk?
Thanks,
Hare.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk Question

I have some text: 0400-0427 NA Czech Republic R. Prague 5990ca, 6200, 7345 0400-0456 NA, As Romania R. Romania Int'l 6115, 9515, 9690, 11895 0400-0500 NA U. S. A. WYFR 6065, 6855, 9505, 9715 0400-0500 NA,Eu,Af U. S. A. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: petebear
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Sed question

i have to search direcotry with a Min or Max size and but with a standard find.... it gives me the size of the i-node of the directory. A friend told me to use awk/sed command to search directories. he also gave me this command: find -type d -exec du '{}' \; | awk -v sz=10 '{if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkiraSama
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk question

hello, I have this in a file server_name=DB1 hostname=db1 I want to change hostname value to `hostname`. Any idea? and server_name value to toUPPER (`hostname`). Any idea? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to sed or awk, that is the question?

I have a text file with about 790 lines, at the end of many of the lines there is the text string 'f4' I want this text to be 'f2' What is the best way to do this? is it sed or awk? or something else? how? Also, there is maybe fifty occasions where f4 appears near the begining of the line that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed and awk question

Hi, I have to write a script that goes through every *.cpp file in the current directory and if any file has #includes of non-system header files (those with double quotes around them), then I need to print out those header files within the quotes. I've figured out how to run a for loop and find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MEllis5
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed or awk question

hi there! i have a question that i hope someone may be able to help me with. i am using the 'paste' function to concatenate to files together. $ paste A B output: A B C D However I want to get rid of the space in between - I have tried the following with no luck: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegant
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk question

Hello expert, I have an output file with few thousand lines similar like below : "Future Netmgmt" "10.99.16.0" "N" "10" "10.0.0.0" "Circuitless-IP" " " "255.255.254.0" "Future Netmgmt" "10.99.18.0" "N" "10" "10.0.0.0" "Circuitless-IP" " " "255.255.254.0" "WAAS loopbacks" "10.99.20.0"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannytrinh
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed awk question

I have a string that I need to remove data that is not within <>. For example: this is a <test> of removing <text> outside brackets output should be: <test> <text> or: test text I can use either of the two outputs but so far I have not had much luck removing all of the other text. The... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: chewbacca72
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk question (or sed, if that's better to use)

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Unix (Sun) scripting, and wanted to try doing what many would probably believe is pretty easy. I tried searching the forums and only found bits and pieces of things I wanted to do below, but after many tries had a very hard time piecing it together. Would anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chatguy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

yet another sed/awk question

Unix Guru's , I have a file all_files.txt containing data as follows all_files.txt first file : /a/b/c/file.sh first second CLIENT1 second file : /a/b/c/file.sh first second CLIENT1 first file : /a/b/c/file.sh first second CLIENT2 second file : /a/b/c/file.sh first second... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
6 Replies
Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::DBA(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::DBA(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::DBA - Object for the alignment of two sequences using the DNA Block Aligner program. SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::DBA; # Build a dba alignment factory my @params = ('matchA' => 0.75, 'matchB' => '0.55', 'dymem' =>'linear'); my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::DBA->new(@params); # Pass the factory a filename with 2 sequences to be aligned. $inputfilename = 't/data/dbaseq.fa'; # @hsps is an array of GenericHSP objects my @hsps = $factory->align($inputfilename); # or my @files = ('t/data/dbaseq1.fa','t/data/dbaseq2.fa'); my @hsps = $factory->align(@files); # or where @seq_array is an array of Bio::Seq objects $seq_array_ref = @seq_array; my @hsps = $factory->align($seq_array_ref); DESCRIPTION
DNA Block Aligner program (DBA) was developed by Ewan Birney. DBA is part of the Wise package available at <http://www.sanger.ac.uk/software/wise2>. You will need to enable dba to find the dba program. This can be done in a few different ways: 1. Define an environmental variable WISEDIR: export WISEDIR =/usr/local/share/wise2.2.0 2. Include a definition of an environmental variable WISEDIR in every script that will use DBA.pm: $ENV{WISEDIR} = '/usr/local/share/wise2.2.20'; 3. Make sure that the dba application is in your PATH. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: http://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Shawn Hoon Email shawnh@fugu-sg.org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ program_name Title : program_name Usage : $factory>program_name() Function: holds the program name Returns: string Args : None program_dir Title : program_dir Usage : $factory->program_dir(@params) Function: returns the program directory, obtained from ENV variable. Returns: string Args : version Title : version Usage : exit if $prog->version() < 1.8 Function: Determine the version number of the program Example : Returns : float or undef Args : none align Title : align Usage : $inputfilename = 't/data/seq.fa'; @hsps = $factory->align($inputfilename); or #@seq_array is array of Seq objs $seq_array_ref = @seq_array; @hsps = $factory->align($seq_array_ref); or my @files = ('t/data/seq1.fa','t/data/seq2.fa'); @hsps = $factory->align(@files); Function: Perform a DBA alignment Returns : An array of Bio::Search::HSP::GenericHSP objects Args : Name of a file containing a set of 2 fasta sequences or else a reference to an array to 2 Bio::Seq objects. or else a reference to an array of 2 file names containing 1 fasta sequence each Throws an exception if argument is not either a string (eg a filename) or a reference to an array of 2 Bio::Seq objects. If argument is string, throws exception if file corresponding to string name can not be found. If argument is Bio::Seq array, throws exception if less than two sequence objects are in array. _run Title : _run Usage : Internal function, not to be called directly Function: makes actual system call to dba program Example : Returns : nothing; dba output is written to a temp file Args : Name of a file containing a set of unaligned fasta sequences and hash of parameters to be passed to dba _parse_results Title : __parse_results Usage : Internal function, not to be called directly Function: Parses dba output Example : Returns : an reference to an array of GenericHSPs Args : the name of the output file _setinput() Title : _setinput Usage : Internal function, not to be called directly Function: Create input file for dba program Example : Returns : name of file containing dba data input Args : Seq or Align object reference or input file name _setparams() Title : _setparams Usage : Internal function, not to be called directly Function: Create parameter inputs for dba program Example : Returns : parameter string to be passed to dba during align or profile_align Args : name of calling object _query_seq() Title : _query_seq Usage : Internal function, not to be called directly Function: get/set for the query sequence Example : Returns : Args : _subject_seq() Title : _subject_seq Usage : Internal function, not to be called directly Function: get/set for the subject sequence Example : Returns : Args : perl v5.12.3 2011-06-18 Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::DBA(3pm)