Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: does AIX run on x86 or x64?
Operating Systems AIX does AIX run on x86 or x64? Post 302139374 by mr_manny on Friday 5th of October 2007 05:08:16 PM
Old 10-05-2007
sounds like a used rs6000 on ebay maybe the answer...unless you guys have something collecting dust Smilie

thanks for the replies,
manny

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX for x86

Dears i am asking if there is a possibility to install AIX unix on a normal PC (x86) and if it is available please can anyone provide me with a link to that. many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

anyone know if backup exec 11d agent run on solaris10 x86?

anyone ? i install and it just fail to startup. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakabobo
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 on SPARC & x64/x86 hardware requirements

Hi folks Doing practice certification questions but the answers to this question appear different everywhere I look? Is it also seems to be dependent on the S10 update version using at the moment in the market place? If the book was written over year back, then I suppose the hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angusyoung
4 Replies

4. Programming

How to run C#.NET in AIX

Hi Guys Am new in UNIX environment I was asked by my boss to write a program that transfer files from the AIX server to the Wintel Server. I have written the program in C# windows which does almost the same thing. So how to run the C# program in UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michmsk
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix flavors that run on x86, x86_64 bit processors?

Hello everyone. This is an awesome forum. Glad to have joined! :) I use Linux mostly, even for Desktop usage. I just love everything about it, all the way down to how the font looks while browsing. Its just so sleek and sexy. But I also boot Windows for those programs I just need that only... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: insomnia
23 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris x64

i search a lot for solaris 10 x64 in net and also in orcle site i did not find and i want solaris x64 for vertas volume manager. please proved the answer clearly i mean i am beginner. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samiulla
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Not able to run any command /lib64/ld-Linux-x86-64.so.2: bad ELF interpreter

Hi, I accidentally did this: wadhwaso@nxsdgd01 deps]$sudo rpm -e --nodeps glibc-2.5-107.x86_64 error: %postun(glibc-2.5-107.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 255 and since then I am not able to run any command on this server except 'cd'. I always get the following error: $ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
6 Replies

8. AIX

Cannot run gdb on AIX 6.1

Hello, I am experiencing a problem trying to use the GNU gdb debugger on my AIX 6.1 system, as follows: $ gdb exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program powerpc64-ibm-aix6.1.2.0-gdb because of the following errors: 0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for powerpc64-ibm-aix6.1.2.0-gdb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
1 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
PCPPI(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  PCPPI(4)

NAME
pcppi -- PC (ISA) control port driver SYNOPSIS
pcppi* at acpi? pcppi* at isa? isabeep* at pcppi? (alpha only) sysbeep* at pcppi? (i386 only) spkr0 at pcppi? midi* at pcppi? DESCRIPTION
The pcppi driver handles resource allocation and device attachment for the ports related to the ISA speaker in the traditional PC/AT ``design''. These are the ``system control port'' (which was implemented by the 8255 ``PPI'' in the XT, hence the name of this driver) at IO address 0x61. When associated with an attimer(4) device, it is possible to change the pitch of the sounds emitted through pcppi. The pcppi driver provides its child devices with the ability to output simple tones through the PC speaker. The speaker(4) and midi(4) devices use this to synthesize sounds. The isabeep(4) and sysbeep(4) devices are helpers which the pckbd(4) driver uses as a substitute for a ``keyboard beep'', because the PC keyboard hardware doesn't provide this. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), attimer(4), isa(4), midi(4), pckbd(4), speaker(4) BSD
March 22, 2005 BSD