Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: no space : What this means?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers no space : What this means? Post 302139352 by redlotus72 on Friday 5th of October 2007 01:39:59 PM
Old 10-05-2007
no space : What this means?

movePSOrders.sh[35]: no space

for file in $(find $INPUTDIR -type f -mtime +2) ; do
#echo $file
if test -f $file; then
mv $file $OUTPURDIR
fi
done

Same code is working in other env,
I don't know why I am getting

movePSOrders.sh[35]: no space

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What does ##* means

Hi In one of the thread I have found echo ${SHELL##*/} Can any of u pls let me know, what is the interpretation for ##* over here? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what it means?

I have a command called cd $HDRROOT/release/tools/cfg My query is what it means? tHat is.... $HDRROOT part is not clear. If I put this command it says path not found.... I doubt that $HDRROOT is trying to mean smething I am not clear of. PL help......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$? means?

Hi All, Can you please explain wats the meaning of this $? in unix Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

$$ means?

hey, what's $$varname in a script? I used to see $varname only. search on google didn't help. thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you tell me what this means?

Can you please tell me what this means? use grep to find from the file myfile.txt all lines containing the sequence tt but not more 2 ts? I have no idea. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushhour
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What means %U

I can not find out what the %U means in the following command: ooffice -calc %U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does . means?

Hi, I have seen in some ksh script, that we are executing shell scripts inside other shell script as . variable.sh What is . here? Their is space between . and variabloe. And why we are not executing it like ./variable.sh? I know that . signifies current directory , but what its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

$? and $# means

what exactly $? and $# means ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

9. Programming

What does it means?

#define abc '\xE8' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh33
7 Replies
ENV(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    ENV(1)

NAME
env -- set and print environment SYNOPSIS
env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
env executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an environmental variable, name, with a value of value. The option '-i' causes env to completely ignore the environment it inherits. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name=value pair per line. DIAGNOSTICS
If the utility is invoked, the exit status of env shall be the exit status of utility; otherwise, the env utility exits with one of the fol- lowing values: 0 The env utility completed successfully 1-125 An error occurred in the env utility. 126 The utility specified by utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility specified by utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The historic - option has been deprecated but is still supported in this implementation. SEE ALSO
execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). BUGS
env doesn't handle commands with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
August 27, 1993 BSD