Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting moving a file to a new folder and automated ftp Post 302139322 by dineshr85 on Friday 5th of October 2007 10:17:52 AM
Old 10-05-2007
moving a file to a new folder and automated ftp

how to move a file to a different folder after an automated FTP .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for moving all the file from the same folder

Hi , I need a shell script which basicaly moves all the files from one folder say folder x to folder y and once they are moved to folder y a datetimestamp should be attached to there name for ex file a should be moved to y folder and renamed as a_20081015 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viv1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving file from one folder to another

i have created file in one of the folders on unix UNIX 's36tou -T XYZ /tmp/p400/dataout/ias/AB >/dev/null I am using above command to copy file from one system to unix XYZ is name of file on my system usually this name is very big so i use -T to trim some charaters from name. noe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving 100K file to another folder using 1 command

Hi, I need to move 1000s of files from one folder to another. Actually there are 100K+ files. Source dir : source1 Target dir : target1 Now if try cp or mv commands I am getting an error message : Argument List too long. I tried to do it by the time the files are created in the source... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for moving 3 days old file to Archive Folder

Hi Experts, I have a "Source" folder which may contain some files. I need a shell script which should move all files which are older than 3 days to "Archive" folder. Thanks in Advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
4 Replies

6. Programming

Perl - Moving file based upon filesize in folder

Hi I'm trying to look through a series of directories in A folder, lets just call it A: for example: A/1 A/2 A/3 Etc and I wish to move the files in the folder if they are bigger than a certain size into a structure like below: A/TooBig/1 A/TooSmall/1 A/TooBig/2 A/TooSmall/2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PerlNewbRP
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Shell Scripting , Moving Old file to specific folder

There are files stored like 14.Aug.2014.log, 15.Aug.2014.log etc. in a folder $HOME/logyou need to find out all the log files of last 1 month and move them into $HOME/logs/lastmonth/ this should be implemented with reference of file name. ---------- Post updated at 12:30 PM ----------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajoftaj
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Scripting , Moving Old file to specific folder

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: There are files stored like 14.Aug.2014.log, 15.Aug.2014.log etc. in a folder $HOME/log you need to find out all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajoftaj
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting local server file from automated FTP script

Hi, I want to delete a file on the local server, while connected to remote server through FTP. I am using the below code for this $FTP_CMD -v -n $HOST <<*! >> $LOGFILE 2>&1 user $USER $PASSWORD cd $DIR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for moving folder specific files into target directory of that country folder.

I need help to write shell script to copy files from one server to another server. Source Directory UAE(inside i have another folder Misc with files inside UAE folder).I have to copy this to another server UAE folder( Files should be copied to UAE folder and Misc files should be copied in target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh2389
3 Replies
refile(1)						      General Commands Manual							 refile(1)

NAME
refile - file message in other folders (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
refile [msgs] [+folder] [options] OPTIONS
Refiles the draft message, or the current message in your +drafts folder, if you have one set up. You cannot give a msgs argument when you use this option. Moves a file into a folder. This option takes a file from its directory and places it in the named folder, as the next message in the folder. The file must be formatted as a legal mail message. This means that the message must have the minimum header fields separated from the body of the message by a blank line or a line of dashes. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Keeps a copy of the message in the source folder. Normally, refile removes the messages from the original folder when it refiles them. The -link option keeps a copy in the original folder, as well as filing a copy in the new folder. Preserves the number of a message in the new folder. Normally, when a message is refiled in to another folder, it is set to the next available number in that folder. The -preserve option keeps the number of the message the same in the new folder as it had been in the old. You cannot have two messages with the same number in one folder, so you should use this option with care. Specifies the source folder to take messages from. Normally, messages are refiled from the current folder into another folder. However, you can take mes- sages from a different folder by using the -src +folder option to specify the alternative source folder. DESCRIPTION
Use the refile command to move the specified message from the current folder to another folder. You can refile messages in more than one folder by giving multiple folder names as arguments. If you do not specify a message, the current message is refiled. You can refile a message other than the current message by giving its num- ber as a msgs argument. You can also refile more than one message at a time by specifying more than one message number, or a range of mes- sage numbers, or a message sequence. See mark(1) for more information on sequences. The current folder remains the same unless the -src option is specified; in that case, the source folder becomes current. Normally, the last message specified becomes the current message. However, if the -link option is used, the current message is not changed. If the Previous-Sequence: entry is set in the file, in addition to defining the named sequences from the source folder, refile will also define those sequences for the destination folders. See mh_profile(4) for information concerning the previous sequence. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory Folder-Protect: To set protections when creating a new folder rmmproc: Program to delete the message EXAMPLES
The following example refiles messages 3 and 5 in the folder +records: % refile 3 5 +records The next example files the current message into two folders: % refile +jones +map The next example takes message 13 in the current folder and refiles it in the +test folder. The mes- sage remains in the current folder as well as appearing in the +test folder. % refile -link 13 +test The next example takes a message from the folder +test when it is not the current folder, and places it in the folder +outbox: % refile 3 -src +test +outbox FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
folder(1), mark(1), mh_profile(4) refile(1)