Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: execute a .jil file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting execute a .jil file Post 302139207 by OSD on Friday 5th of October 2007 12:19:40 AM
Old 10-05-2007
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambesh
.jil fileS basically contain Autosys JOB used for job scheduling.
You can't execute .jil file directly instead do the following thing --
1-- submit your jil to autosys database using : jil<your_autosys_jilfile.jil
this command will transfer all your jil contents to autosys database.

2-- Once jill will successfully submitted to database
Run the JOB inside that JIL using following command

3-- sendevent -E FORCE_STARTJOB -J JOBNAME --TO START A JOB
sendevent -E DELETE_JOB -J JOBNAME -- TO REMOVE JOB
4-- autorep -J JOBNAME -- To view the job
-
-
-
-
-

Hey cool....it works..
Thanks a bunch..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute 2 scripts, wait, execute 2 more wait, till end of file

:cool: I need to execute a shell script to do the following: cat a file run two back ground processes using the first two values from the file wait till those background processes finish run two more background processes using the next two values from the file wait till those background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo98
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding Changes in jil scripts

Hi i have taken a jil and i am placing the file name as a1.jil and a1.jil contains the following things /* ----------------- sample_ls ----------------- */ insert_job: sample_ls job_type: c command: ls -l machine: unixboxa owner: user123@unixboxa permission: wx,mx,we,me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Changes in jil scripts

Hi i have taken a jil and i am placing the file name as a1.jil and a1.jil contains the following things /* ----------------- sample_ls ----------------- */ insert_job: sample_ls job_type: c command: ls -l machine: unixboxa owner: user123@unixboxa permission: wx,mx,we,me description:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

execute a .jil file

Hi All, Could anyone suggest me as to how could we execute a .jil file. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OSD
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys JIL script for logging

Hi I'm very new to this Autosys JIL scripts. Now I need to create an Command to copy the file from one folder to another by watching that folder. I have written & create that job but i don't no how to add logging in JIL script. Before moving the file i have to log the file details in a separte... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayvz
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to parse the jil file into an excel file

Hi I have the following as input /* ----------------- backupJIL ----------------- */ insert_job: backupJIL job_type: c command: autorep -J ALL -q > /home/autosys/...p/autosys_jil_bk machine: machine owner: autosys@machine permission: gx,ge,wx,we date_conditions: 1 days_of_week:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Parsing Autosys JIL

I'm trying to modify the script given in post 7 of the following thread: 146564-need-parse-jil-file-into-excel-file.html. (Sorry, can't post the URL as I don't have enough posts.) The original script is as follows: awk -F ' *_]*: *' 'BEGIN ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GnuScripter
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse jil output

Hi , I have a jil file which i am trying to parse and print the job name and the condition corresponding to it. Below is the input file /* -------------------- testjob1 -------------------- */ insert_job: testjob1 job_type: c machine: unix owner: chidori condition: s(joba) and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract jil file details in a excelsheet

I am very new to shell scripting. I have a autosys jil file that looks like :-- /* ------------- JOB1 ------------------ */ insert_job: JOB1 job_type: b owner: cm@pelonmuck permission: gx,ge,wx,we,mx,me date_conditions: 1 days_of_week: mo,tu,we,th,fr,su start_time: "18:30"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_shell
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Add global variable to jil autosys

I am new to autosys. I want to add a global variable to a jil file named PJ.jil. I also want to add a watch_file command to filename PJ.jil and AY.jil. The watch_file command checks every five minutes if the jobs have completed. For example. AY.jil needs to wait until all the jobs in PJ.jil have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
0 Replies
faxrm(1)                                                       mgetty+sendfax manual                                                      faxrm(1)

NAME
faxrm - remove fax jobs queued by faxspool(1) SYNOPSIS
faxrm [-i] [job-ids...] DESCRIPTION
Remove job(s) from the fax queue set up by faxspool(1). faxrm removes queued fax jobs. Call with a list of job-IDs to remove specific jobs. Call with no job IDs to be asked interactively about all jobs you own (if run by root, all jobs). For job-id, use the strings returned by faxq(1) (e.g. F000015), without the ``/JOB'' exten- tion. If you are not the owner of the fax job (as per the 'user xyz' statement inside the JOB file), you are not allowed to remove the fax job. Only root is permitted to remove another user's faxes. If the job is locked (most likely because sendfax(8) is active sending it), faxrm doesn't attempt to remove it. Instead, it prints a warn- ing message on stderr and goes on to the next job. EXAMPLES
faxrm F000005 F000033 OPTIONS
-i (interactive mode) Tells faxrm to ask for confirmation before removing the job (UNIMPLEMENTED). BUGS
faxrm doesn't return diagnostic exit codes yet. SEE ALSO
faxrunq(1), faxrunq(8), faxspool(1), faxq(1), faxqueue(5) AUTHOR
faxrm is Copyright (C) 1993-2002 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>. greenie 23 Nov 02 faxrm(1)