Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Configuring Users
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Configuring Users Post 302139205 by laxmank on Friday 5th of October 2007 12:14:46 AM
Old 10-05-2007
Bug Configuring Users

I am new to unxi admin, Like to start with a scenario, in a large organization where there are 10's of unix / aix boxes, and many users requires access to more than one box, can I create a single user in LDAP and configure on each box to use same login id to logon for more than one machine. In simple terms can I configure each machine login authentication with LDAP.

Thank You in advance for your reply.
laxmank

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring.....

Hi Folks, I would like to learn the basics of unix administration like configuring telnet, ftp, smtp,etc.. Could u suggest me a good site for learning it??? or the methodology that has to be followed for learning it??? TIA, Nisha :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

configuring PHP 5

i've downloaded php 5 everything seems to be going smoothly except for onething.. i can't seem to locate the files... my question is do i have to manually place the lib in /usr/lib. how do I go about doing this and which other files have to be allocated.. thanx moxxx68 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help configuring Ajaxterm

Hello there, I installed Ajaxterm on my Ubuntu 9.04 machine, and it's running ok if I use :http://localhost:8022/ in my broswer. This is the problem , it can only be accessed localy. If I want to access it through internet from another computer, it fails. I've read the tutorials on how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wosis
1 Replies

4. AIX

Configuring SNMPv1

Hi, I think I got the SNMPv1 configured on my AIX 5308 box. I'm able to poll statistics from the system except the volumes. What am I missing so that I can get the volumes listed in the poll? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
0 Replies

5. Solaris

To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users

Hi All, How to restrict the NIS users not to change their passwords in for NIS users?? and my NIS user is unable to login to at client location what could be the problem for this ? Any body can help me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

configuring X on Enterprise v6.2

Hello; nerw to configuring X windows on redhat .. After a fresh install of Enterprise v6.2 w/ kde desktop pkg, noticed the follwing: 1. metacity wm is installed 2. gdm also seems to be running 3. trying to connect from Reflection fails Where can I find a how to guide ?? Thnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delphys
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help configuring SSH on HP-UX

Can someone show me the basics on configuring SSH on Unix so I can access my Unix account remotely from Windows 7. Basically, I want to fire some scripts remotely. I've already posted a thread on the Windows forum thinking my configuration was wrong on the Windows side. But the more I read the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm-r
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Configuring Auditing

Hello Solaris Team, We would like to implement some audit policy (using a log file) in Solaris 10 in order to record the following data in columns per all users: 1. Date 2. Time 3. User 4. Command executed 5. Terminal 6. IP Address Could you please help me in order to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
2 Replies
users-admin(1)						      General Commands Manual						    users-admin(1)

NAME
users-admin - Users Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
users-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
users-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. users-admin allows you add, delete and modify the existing users and groups in your system. OPTIONS
users-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
users-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), network-admin(1), time-admin(1), shares-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 users-admin(1)