Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Connect to RAS callback server: route problem Post 302139160 by robotronic on Thursday 4th of October 2007 01:41:19 PM
Old 10-04-2007
I will try playing around with the options and test if a minimal configuration file could get me connected... I'm a bit reluctant to ask windows guys what's happening at the server end, because I'm sure they will pay me no attention and simply say "Hey, use Windows: it's better and simpler!". Eheheh, but there's always a first time, maybe I will try Smilie

Meanwhile, I will post my options file. I think to start looking at the second phase of the connection, where the server calls me back. I hope that the first phase is right, otherwise why the server should recall me??
Maybe you can see immediately something wrong with that and guide me to a solution Smilie

Code:
localhost ppp # cat options.callback
/dev/ttyS0
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/nt_callback.chat'
lock
crtscts
defaultroute
debug
updetach
show-password
asyncmap 0
noauth
mrru 1614
mppe-stateful
require-mppe
name mylogin
remotename RASServer
refuse-eap
receive-all
#usepeerdns

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

J need help to make callback by Modem (AIX)

Are there any of you who have a description which can help me to make a callback on AIX. My userīs call in by a telefonnumber at I want AIX to disconnect the line and make a callback to the user who had logged on AIX. The advantage of this is we have security on who we allow to call our... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carsten Lesmark
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

When to use static route on server?

Hi guys, sorry for asking noob question. When do we really need to add a static route on the server? I encounter this situation whereby a client trigger a network packet to the destination but the destination does not know how to return the traffic back to the client (source). The issue was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
4 Replies

3. AIX

problem with host route

Hi, I have a system with network interfaces en0 and en1 en0: physical ip: 1.1.1.10 virtual ip1: 192.168.100.11 virtual ip2: 192.168.100.12 en1: physical ip: 1.1.1.20 virtual ip1: 192.168.100.20 virtual ip2: 192.168.100.21 default gateway ist 192.168.100.254 when I open a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
12 Replies

4. AIX

problem with command 'route -q' in AIX 5.3

Hi all! I have a problem.I access to AIX server via SSH,then i use command 'route -q', after that i can't connect to AIX server.Please help me to fix this problem. Thanks & Best Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bachtq
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Not able to delete the route on one of the server

I try to delete the route on one of the server But I am not able to do it its show the error # route delete 10.1.88.0 10.37.201.33 delete host 10.1.88.0: gateway 10.37.201.33: not in table If I add the route also its shows the error message # route add -net 10.1.88.0 10.37.201.33 add net... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bapu1981
5 Replies

6. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts and get result

I have to write a shell script in my current linux server and I have to connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts residing in a particular directory and get results back. I am starting to write my shell script as below but after I do ssh login it prompts for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies

10. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies
UUID(3) 							    Libuuid API 							   UUID(3)

NAME
uuid - DCE compatible Universally Unique Identifier library SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> DESCRIPTION
The UUID library is used to generate unique identifiers for objects that may be accessible beyond the local system. This library generates UUIDs compatible with those created by the Open Software Foundation (OSF) Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) utility uuidgen. The UUIDs generated by this library can be reasonably expected to be unique within a system, and unique across all systems. They could be used, for instance, to generate unique HTTP cookies across multiple web servers without communication between the servers, and without fear of a name clash. CONFORMING TO
OSF DCE 1.1 AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid_clear(3), uuid_compare(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_time(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID(3)