Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Connect to RAS callback server: route problem Post 302139154 by porter on Thursday 4th of October 2007 12:56:06 PM
Old 10-04-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotronic
How could work a table like that, where the default gw is the IP address of the client?
Because the link is point-to-point? All a default gateway is doing is saying, if you don't know where else to send it, put it here. The ppp driver will get the outgoing packet, see the IP is not for itself and know the only place to put it is down the wire.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

J need help to make callback by Modem (AIX)

Are there any of you who have a description which can help me to make a callback on AIX. My userīs call in by a telefonnumber at I want AIX to disconnect the line and make a callback to the user who had logged on AIX. The advantage of this is we have security on who we allow to call our... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carsten Lesmark
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

When to use static route on server?

Hi guys, sorry for asking noob question. When do we really need to add a static route on the server? I encounter this situation whereby a client trigger a network packet to the destination but the destination does not know how to return the traffic back to the client (source). The issue was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
4 Replies

3. AIX

problem with host route

Hi, I have a system with network interfaces en0 and en1 en0: physical ip: 1.1.1.10 virtual ip1: 192.168.100.11 virtual ip2: 192.168.100.12 en1: physical ip: 1.1.1.20 virtual ip1: 192.168.100.20 virtual ip2: 192.168.100.21 default gateway ist 192.168.100.254 when I open a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
12 Replies

4. AIX

problem with command 'route -q' in AIX 5.3

Hi all! I have a problem.I access to AIX server via SSH,then i use command 'route -q', after that i can't connect to AIX server.Please help me to fix this problem. Thanks & Best Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bachtq
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Not able to delete the route on one of the server

I try to delete the route on one of the server But I am not able to do it its show the error # route delete 10.1.88.0 10.37.201.33 delete host 10.1.88.0: gateway 10.37.201.33: not in table If I add the route also its shows the error message # route add -net 10.1.88.0 10.37.201.33 add net... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bapu1981
5 Replies

6. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts and get result

I have to write a shell script in my current linux server and I have to connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts residing in a particular directory and get results back. I am starting to write my shell script as below but after I do ssh login it prompts for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies

10. Linux

How to connect Linux server (configure two way authentication) with Windows server?

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
0 Replies
IPROUTE(3)						     Library Functions Manual							IPROUTE(3)

NAME
iproute - Internet route table manager SYNOPSIS
bind -a #P /net /net/iproute /net/ipifc DESCRIPTION
The iproute device allows the specification of routes for families of IP addresses. It maintains a kernel-resident routing table for IP addresses used by TCP, IL and UDP. Each route consists of a destination IP address, an IP mask, and an IP gateway address. Every packet sent by the system is routed according to the route table. An address matches the route table entry when a packet's destination address matches the table destination address under the mask. When a match is found, the packet is sent to the gateway IP address. If there is no match, the packet is sent with the original destination address. If there are several matches, the one whose mask has the fewest leading zeros is chosen. (Because of the definition of IP masks, this mask preserves the largest portion of the address and is therefore the most specific.) This is forced by storing the routes in decreasing number of ones order and returning the first match. The default gateway has no ones in the mask and is thus the last matched. Reading iproute reports the current routes entered in the table. Writing control messages to iproute edits the table. Route entries are made by writing a string of format add ipdest mask ipgateway Entries are deleted by writing a string of format delete ipdest mask The whole table can be cleared by writing the string For example, to install a gateway address to accept all IP packets from a machine: % echo 'add 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 131.107.1.5' > /net/iproute % cat /net/iproute 0.0.0.0 & 0.0.0.0 -> 131.107.1.5 Reading ipifc reports the current IP interfaces being used, one line per interface, showing the device, the maximum transfer unit, the local address, the network mask, and the network address. SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/deviproute.c SEE ALSO
ip(3), ipconfig(8) IPROUTE(3)