Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: swinstall issues
Operating Systems HP-UX swinstall issues Post 302139135 by Perderabo on Thursday 4th of October 2007 10:47:17 AM
Old 10-04-2007
Try:
swinstall -s /var/spool/sw/B6849AA_B.02.01.03.depot B6849AA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

help with swinstall

I'm trying to install gcc from hp with swinstall but what happens is the following: I change source to the correct depot, it complains it can't find anything, when I change target to /usr/local, it shows the depot in the list. Next, I mark it for install, install it, but then it gets installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help with swinstall HP patches

I am having trouble installing some HPUX patches on my B1000 11.11. I am a novice at this so bear with me. I understand how to install depots. Very easy. Now I'm trying to patch my system so I can get the Oracle client installed. Oracle says I need these two patches: PHCO_23770, PHCO_23092 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

swinstall and autoreboot

HI I am new on unix admin. I would like to know, if it is possible to a. install the patch (like phss_25277) during normal business hours and b. reboot the server during off peak hours on a production box c. what is the normal practise for the patch installs on hp-ux (PA-RISC, B.11.11)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: schilukuri
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

swinstall error

Our company recently purchased a couple of rp3440 machines. They arrived with HPUX 11.11 installed. The default setup has /lib as a symbolic link to /usr/lib. I wanted to use some of the enhanced features of GNU softare, so I went to the HP-UX Porting and Archive center and downloaded the Core... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SemiOfCol
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

swinstall

Hi, I am new to HP-UX. I am attempting some pre-requisites to an Oracle upgrade, part of which requires some OS patching. When I check using show_patches or swlist -l patch the patches do not exist. On visiting ItResource web page I see the patches and later "recommended" patches (that unlike... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to run sqlscript in the swinstall ?

hi, I have prepared a script with contents /dboracle/orabase/product/9.2.0.6/bin/sqlplus -s rcrp/rcrp<<EOF CREATE TABLE ADDER_CUG_LIST ( CUG_ID VARCHAR2(15) NOT NULL, TEL_NO VARCHAR2(15), START_DATE DATE, END_DATE DATE ); exit; EOF ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: plaban.rout
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

swinstall and swremove

can it have any command that swinstall and swremove without gui thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

8. Solaris

swinstall: not found

i am having this error when i try to execute # swinstall -s /cdrom/volume_manager3.5/pkgs swinstall: not found anyone know why was it having this error? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

sos about swpackage AND swinstall

hi all, I just want to make a depot package.All steps: 1. make a psf file # PSF which define the myutil product depot layout_version 1.0 tag ddmi_linux_installer title ddmi_linux_installer # Product definition vendor tag HP title Hewlett-Packard Company product tag... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lb1111830
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

swinstall not working with target

Hi, I have installed a software using the command(swinstall -s /Softwares/Game.pkg AngryDog.nwr-cbin @/z_temp). During installation I didn't find any error, also I can find a folder structure(opt/angrydog...) getting created under "/z_temp" and all files are present. But software is not working.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Thunderbird288
1 Replies
vboxgetty(8)						    Linux System Administration 					      vboxgetty(8)

NAME
vboxgetty - isdn voice box (getty) SYNOPSIS
vboxgetty [OPTION] [OPTION] [...] DESCRIPTION
Vboxgetty is the heart of vbox: it watches the isdn system and waits for incoming voice calls, OPTIONS
-f, --file FILE Config file to use. Default is the file '/etc/isdn/vboxgetty.conf'. -d, --device TTY ISDNdevice to use. You must use this option! -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. CONFIGURING VBOX
vboxgetty should be started from the init process. To do this you need one line per vboxgetty in /etc/inittab like this one: I5:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/vboxgetty -d /dev/ttyI5 The next step is to set up a working configuration for all ports in /etc/isdn/vboxgetty.conf: read vboxgetty.conf(5) how to do this and look at the example config file in /usr/doc/isdnutils/examples. You should then create the spool directories for each user: /var/spool/vbox/<user>, /var/spool/vbox/<user>/incoming and /var/spool/vbox/<user>/messages. Copy the example config files vbox.conf and standard.tcl from /usr/doc/isdnutils/examples to /var/spool/vbox/<user>, read the man pages vbox.conf(5) and vboxtcl(5) and edit these config files. Change the owner of all files in /var/spool/vbox/<user> with "chown <user>.<group> /var/spool/vbox/<user> -Rv" and correct the permissions with "chmod o-rwx,g-rwx /var/spool/vbox/<user> -Rv". The last step: run "init q" to force init to reread /etc/inittab HOW IT WORKS
For each line in /etc/inittab one vboxgetty is started by init. Make sure the first field (ID) and the device file are different. Each vboxgetty does this: First /etc/isdn/vbox.conf is read, the global settings are loaded and then the port specific settings. Then vboxgetty waits for an incoming call. On an incoming call vboxgetty reads /var/spool/vbox/<user>/vbox.conf (unless you change that name), and vboxgetty determines if it should take that call or how many RINGs it should wait. It also gets the name of the standard message, beep message, timeout message, if these should be played and an alias for the current caller, if there is one. If vbox has waited enough RINGs and the caller is still ringing, it takes the call and starts the tcl script /var/spool/vbox/<user>/stan- dard.tcl (unless you change that name), and this script will do the rest (normally: play standard and beep message, record and then play timeout message). FILES
/etc/isdn/vboxgetty.conf default config file /etc/inittab init starts vboxgetty via this file. /etc/isdn/vboxgetty.conf the global vbox config file /var/spool/vbox/<user>/vbox.conf the per user configuration file for this port /var/spool/vbox/<user>/standard.tcl the tcl script used to communicate with the caller /var/run/vboxgetty-<device>.pid process id of the vboxgetty /var/log/vbox/vboxgetty-<device>.log logfile of the vboxgetty SEE ALSO
vboxgetty.conf(5), vbox.conf(5), vboxtcl(5), isdntime(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de>, for Debian GNU/Linux and isdn4linux. ISDN 4 Linux 3.13 2000/09/15 vboxgetty(8)