Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ttyhog Over-run
Operating Systems AIX Ttyhog Over-run Post 302138832 by ravager on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 02:51:39 PM
Old 10-03-2007
with out know in you system it is dificalt to say what caused the problem with out know in you system it is difficult to say what caused the problem but I know that by using the last command on pts/xxx ( from errpt )
you can find out who did what. This could be related to a device, cabling or user error.

If this come up again you can see if you can look at it in more detail also try using errpt -a to see if you can work out what the error is complaining about

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to run different shells which run different processes

Hi, Would like to ask the experts if anyone knows how to run a script like this: dtterm -title shell1 run process1 on shell1 dtterm -title shell2 run process2 on shell2 cheers! p/s: sorry if i used the wrong forum, quite concussed after watching world cup for several nights; but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mochi
2 Replies

2. AIX

Ttyhog Over-run

Hi Guys, not that much of an expert, but how do you solve this one? LABEL: TTY_TTYHOG IDENTIFIER: 0873CF9F Date/Time: Thu Feb 28 04:59:01 2008 Sequence Number: 1103 Machine Id: 00CA02AA4C00 Node Id: gcebsap2deu Class: S Type: TEMP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sky_lark02
2 Replies

3. AIX

errpt - TTYHOG error

I am getting this temporary error on my errpt: IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 0873CF9F 0623104510 T S pts/0 TTYHOG OVER-RUN LABEL: TTY_TTYHOG IDENTIFIER: 0873CF9F Date/Time: Tue Jun 22 02:00:53 GMT+08:00 2010 Sequence Number: 76... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
3 Replies

4. AIX

My script didn't run every run every minute at cronjob

In my cronjob, I would like to schedule my script.sh to run every minutes. I crontab -e and have in line below but it didn't seems to run at all. * * * * * script.sh When I run it manually, I can run it. Is that anything wrong with the above line? If I change it to something like below,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run an already made script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question

how to run an already developed script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question. the script goes away and check traffic information, for example check_GE-VLANStats-P3 1.1.1.1 and returns the results ok. how do I run this against an ip list? i.e a list of 30 ip addresses (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
26 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who -u gives different output if run from cron than if run from terminal?

If I run 'who -u' interactively or from a script invoked through bash in a tty on my Ubuntu 12LTS box I get an output like this: testuser pts/0 Dec 9 02:32 . 2163 (host.xx.yy) running the same through cron I get: testuser pts/0 2012-12-09 02:32 00:05 2163... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: latimer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fails to run properly when run from CRONTAB

Hello all, I'm trying to write a script to gather and send data and it works just fine at the bash command line, but when executing from CRON, it does not run properly. My scripting skills are pretty limited and there's probably a better way, but as I said it works at the command line, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rusman
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripts can be run manually but couldn't run with cronjobs

I am from MQ/MB technology. My requirement is to display the queue manger and broker status on daily basis. If I manually run the script, it works fine and displays output. But when I have scheduled the same using cronjobs it shows only the queue manger status and not the broker status. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a job between times else run later

Hi guys, I have written a script that waits for a trigger file. Then checks the time of the trigger. if the trigger finished between 8pm and midnight then runs a job. else it waits till 1am then runs a different job. I am still very new to scripting so any suggestions to improve my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
PTS_QUIT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						       PTS_QUIT(1)

NAME
pts_quit - Exit from pts interactive mode SYNOPSIS
pts quit [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts q [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts quit command exits from pts interactive mode. The command can be run from the command line or interactively, but on the command line it does nothing and is therefore of questionable utility. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts quit command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
Although they have no effect, pts quit takes the following standard pts options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command produces no output. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a pts interactive session: % pts interactive pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_QUIT(1)