Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dtdbcache failure
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users dtdbcache failure Post 302138798 by Leese on Wednesday 3rd of October 2007 01:03:10 PM
Old 10-03-2007
Re: dtdbcache failure -- still happening

I thought the problem was fixed, but unfortunately, not. Next time, I used that same Xsession, I received the error again. So, I removed .dtprofile, and tried again. But, this time it isn't working like the first try. I'm still getting the same error.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld failure

Hi, I am using gmake to compile a c program with a makefile. The make file runs ld. I get the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ gmake -e -f GNUmakefile queue_c gmake -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind failure

Hi all, I am using Perl program to do socket communication. My application has to use port 40001 this is a condition I can't change the port. The execution of this script always gave an error 'Bind failure port already in use' netstat execution gives below line: udp 0 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

subsystem failure

aix 4.3 I get the following error from the errpt log BD797922 0306170008 P H enclosure0 SUBSYSTEM FAILURE I'm not clear on this kind of error. It never happened to me. What do this errors mean, and how do I clear or solve them? Any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andwhat
2 Replies

4. Linux

Boot failure

Hi all I used a dual boot operating system and it works fine for me. Now , i install a Ati radeon 9250 Agp card on my system and this results in boot failure of fedora 6. The graphics card is working fine with windows XP , i.e i have no compatibility issues.The system also refuses to boot when i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su failure

Usually when su rejects an attempt to switch user it responds with "Sorry" but with a certain username on some unix servers the response is "Killed". I'm guessing the su accepted the username/password but refused to spawn child shell with the specified username. What's causing this and what has to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kernel failure

hi, i´ve been the last 48 hours with this issue, this is my last resort.... after clone another system to a new one with lvm, the last step is mkinitrd. i execute it and it finish, but some errors are sent to stderrr. /sbin/mkinitrd: line380: gawk: command not found Traceback (most... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Failure

Hi , I need to write a IF condition to know if a SFTP file transfer is successful or not and send email if its failed. `sftp username@servername <<comm1 cd /directory put filename comm1 bye` I use above commands for my connections. So please help me to write a IF statement. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna87
0 Replies

8. Programming

pthread_cancel failure

I'm running a simple web server and seem to be having a problem canceling sessions. When a new request is received I start a thread to handle that session's requests. Since I want to keep the pipe open for a long time - 10 minutes or maybe 2 hours - I also have a session manager that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: John S.
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount failure

i am tryin to mount my shared folder on the server, I used a command suggested to me, but it also fails, any suggestions would be thankful saman@saman-G41MT-ES2L:~$ sudo mount -t cifs //safe/tabatabaian_s -o username="myuser",password="mypass" /mnt/share mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies
DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)												  DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)

NAME
DtWsmChangeBackdrop -- set current workspace's backdrop SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> int DtWsmChangeBackdrop( Display *display, Window root, char *path, Pixmap pixmap); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmChangeBackdrop function works with the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), and changes the current workspace's backdrop. Applications can use this function to implement an interface to the workspace manager. If the DtWsmChangeBackdrop function is not successful, the most likely reason for failure is that the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is not running. DtWsmChangeBackdrop sends a message to the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), to change the backdrop. The path argument points to a backdrop file name. The file must be in either X Bitmap file format (with extension .bm) or Pixmap file for- mat (with extension .pm). The workspace management services look for the file along the same path used for searching icons. The directory /usr/dt/backdrops is the default directory if the file cannot be found along the icon search path. ARGUMENTS
display display root root window of the screen path file path to bitmap file pixmap pixmap ID of backdrop pixmap SEE ALSO
DtWsm(5) "Communicating with the Workspace Manager" section in the CDE Programmer's Guide "Workspace Manager" section in the CDE Programmer's Overview DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)