Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Checklist on Preventive Maintenance Post 302138661 by porter on Tuesday 2nd of October 2007 10:50:36 PM
Old 10-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankoko
Is there any standard procedure to be followed?
Depends on who you talk to.. Smilie

Any installation should have documentation describing regular system checks to be performed.

If not, things to look for are

(a) disk space
(b) back ups are being taken
(c) log files have expected entries
(d) log files don't have unexpected entries
(e) machine can talk to those things it's supposed to
(f) no evidence of unauthorised tampering
(g) dmesg shows no unexpected additions or omissions.
(h) uptime is as expected

I'm sure people have plenty more things to add.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

whats diff. B/W /etc/checklist & /etc/fstabs

hi all, I juz want to know y tr r 2 files of same content present... is tr any sp. reason s der. b/w /etc/checklist & /etc/fstab (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrlog
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checklist for Shell Script reqd

Hi, Can anyone provide me with the Code Review Checklist for Shell scripts ?? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine number of checklist in zenity dynamically...

Hi, In my Shell Script i am counting the duplicate IPs in LAN,...After counting i have to show in checklist in zenity which one to delete from the LAN........so initially i dont know no. of duplicate IPs in the LAN....Hence i can determine how many check list needed..... Duplicate IPs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] Checklist

Hello! What is the script for a checklist? This: dialog --backtitle "Mesage" \ --title "Title" \ --checklist "Choose your favorite distribution:" 10 40 3 1 "RedHat" on 2 "Ubuntu Linux" off 3 "Slackware" off ??? I need help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: []Adri4n
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Creating Shell Script for STIG Checklist MAC OSX 10.6

Hello, I am new to Mac OSX and shell scripting all together. I was wondering if anyone could help get me started in a few scenarios so that I would be able to automate checking a system against a STIG checklist. A STIG Checklist is a DoD Guideline for securing systems. Here is the first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john3j04
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Production Readiness Checklist (PRC) - check list

Hello Everyone, Can anyone please provide me the checklist for validating our newly built AIX LPARs. AIX is new in our environment. So I'm looking for a reference document or checklist to verify new LPARs. I believe most of the companies does have some kind of check list to verify. please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Rhel upgrade - pre maintenance checklist

I going to be updating a few of our rhel5.5 servers this weekend to rhel5.10. I'll be making a checklist for pre & post maintenance comparisions. so far I'll be checking, services running filesystems netstat ifconfig uname oracleasm multipath just basic stuff if it were you what... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkeyes001
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine 2 Outputs with a single Checklist

Checklist 1.1; Contains Solaris 1.2; Contains Patches 1.3; <no output> 1.3.1; <no output> Output1 1.1 Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC 1.2 Patch: 127714-03 Obsoletes: Requires: 120011-14 Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWsshcu, SUNWsshdu, SUNWsshu Patch: 128253-01 Obsoletes:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk two lines with two checklist

Hi there, I am trying to get two lines of the checklist 2.3; 2.4; 2.5; $file='Input1 Input2' echo -e "2.3 Only enable ftp when necessary" cat $file | awk '/2.4/ {P=0} /2.3/ {P=1} P' | grep -iq "not installed" && echo T || echo F echo -e "2.4 Only enable rlogin/rsh/rcp when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
0 Replies
MOPD(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   MOPD(8)

NAME
mopd -- Maintenance Operations Protocol (MOP) Loader Daemon SYNOPSIS
mopd [-adf] [-s mopdir] [interface] [...] DESCRIPTION
mopd services DEC Maintenance Operations Protocol (MOP) Load requests on the Ethernet connected to interface or all interfaces if -a option is given. In a load request received by mopd a filename can be given by the client. This is the normal case for terminal servers. If a filename isn't in the client load request mopd must know what image to load. Upon receiving a request, mopd checks if the requested file exists in /tftpboot/mop (unless the -s option is given, see below) the filename is normally uppercase and with an extension of .SYS. If the filename isn't given, the ethernet address of the target is used as filename, e.g. 08002b09f4de.SYS and it might be a soft link to another file. mopd supports two kinds of files. The first type that is check is if the file is in a.out(5) format. If not, a couple of Digital's formats are checked. In normal operation, mopd forks a copy of itself and runs in the background. Anomalies and errors are reported via syslog(3). OPTIONS
-a Listen on all the Ethernets attached to the system. If -a is omitted, an interface must be specified. -d Run in debug mode, with all the output to stdout. The process will run in the foreground. -f Run in the foreground. -s Change the directory to look for files in from /tftpboot/mop to mopdir. FILES
/tftpboot/mop NOTES
mopd automatically appends an upper case .SYS to the filename provided by the client. The typical client sends the requested file name in upper case. SEE ALSO
mopchk(1), mopcopy(1), mopprobe(1), moptrace(1), bpf(4) DECnet Digital Network Architecture Phase IV, Maintenance Operations Functional Specification V3.0.0, AA-X436A-TK. DECnet Digital Network Architecture, Maintenance Operations Protocol Functional Specification V4.0.0, EK-DNA11-FS-001. AUTHORS
Mats O Jansson <moj@stacken.kth.se> BSD
January 23, 2004 BSD