Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS share options
Operating Systems Solaris NFS share options Post 302138418 by psimoes79 on Monday 1st of October 2007 01:13:12 PM
Old 10-01-2007
But the order matters? For example:

Code:
share -F nfs -o rw=chrome,ro=chrome /usr/man

and

Code:
share -F nfs -o ro=chrome,rw=chrome /usr/man

I think in the 1st the ro overwrite the rw and in the 2nd vice-versa. Right?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

NFS share error

I got a problem while creating files on a NFS mounted share in a RHEL box. That is when I create an empty file, this is what appears on the screen ############################################### E325: ATTENTION Found a swap file by the name ".test.swp" owned by: jsmith dated: Tue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Problem Mounting NFS share

I have one machine "The server" ip: 192.168.1.1, it runs ubu 8.04(LTS) and - I have a folder (/shareme) that I want to share with other linux machines on my LAN. - The server runs NFS server and common and portmap and so do the other machines on my LAN. - The server has the export file with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcron
2 Replies

3. AIX

NFS Share Setup On AIX

Hi all, I have one IBM AIX server (serverA) which is connected to the san storage. I have created a volume group and also file system (jfs2) and mounted to directory /profit. After that I created a NFS share for that directory and started the NFS daemon. Over at another server, which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a_sim
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du and df do not match on NFS share

Here is the scenario... NFS share that is accessed every few minutes by approx 70 systems (AIX 5.3/6.1). Filesystem space is being eaten up rapidly according to df however du numbers really never change. lsof and fuser cannot see any unlinked files on either the NFS server or remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: masterpengu
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Ldom Vdisk on NFS Share

Can any one tell me how to add a virtual disk from NFS share in Ldom .. i have one share /VMshare/boot.img file shared/exported from one server but i do now know how to add nfs based vdsdev as it gives primary domain cannot validate the disk. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. AIX

CIFS share re-export NFS

Hi Guys, need help here. i have windows server that share a folder C:/ABCDE i configure samba client in AIX server as /EDCBA and it working fine. then i want to share this /EDCBA to another AIX server using NFS. in the /etc/exportfs i have put /EDCBA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prossits
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

NFS share

Hi, I have an NFS server, i want to mount that nfs share which is having around 500GB to my client system. But my client system doesnt have any free space, is it possible to mount that nfs share in my client. Regards, Mastan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions for NFS share

Hi, I have created a NFS share in Solaris 10 server1 and mounted it on solaris 10 server 2.But I want to change owner of the files from nobody to a particular user in client. Which command should I use. I have tried the following but it doesn't allow to change permissions in the server2 as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS share and groups

I am having an issue with getting the proper group settings on NFS-shared directories. NFS server, NFServe, nfs-shares hundreds of project directories...running Solaris 10 latest patches/updates. SAS server, SAServe, statistical analysis server running on RedHat 7 with latest kernel/patches/etc.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies
exports(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							exports(4)

NAME
exports, xtab - directories to export to NFS clients SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The file is obsolete and has been replaced by the new NFS file Please see dfstab(4) for more details. The file is also obsolete and has been replaced by the new NFS file Please see sharetab(4) for more details. The and the files are no longer used to export NFS directories. Any modifications made to these files will have no impact on NFS. These manpages will be removed from future releases of HP-UX. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
list of commands to be executed at boot time system record of shared file systems list of hostnames list of network groups network information script that executes command. SEE ALSO
share(1M), mountd(1M), nfsd(1M), dfstab(4), hosts(4), netgroup(4), networks(4), sharetab(4). TO BE OBSOLETED exports(4)