Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to execute the same statement Post 302138399 by Legend986 on Monday 1st of October 2007 12:20:11 PM
Old 10-01-2007
Thanks. The output is in the form of xxxx | x.x.x.x | something else here. i was able to form a regular expression in php but I wanted to know where I can place such a thing here in unix.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get an if statement to execute based on number of lines in a file?

I need to have an if statement in a script to run if there are certain processes running. Easiest way I can see to do this is to run a ps and grep the results based on what I am looking for: $ ps -ef | grep wtrs --- webtrend 5046 1 0 May 12 ? 0:28 /webtrends/versions/6.1/wtrs_ui... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script does not execute Insert Statement

Hi I have a text file , contents are Line1:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 Line2:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 Line3:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 ....and so on... I want to read this file and insert the data into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i execute in IF ELSE Statement

ls -ld /path/to/dir1 path/to/dir2 | awk '{print $8}' how to execute above script in IF ELSE Statement. Pls iam new to Unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laknar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement - How to write a null statement

In my ksh script, if the conditions of a if statement are true, then do nothing; otherwise, execute some commands. How do I write the "do nothing" statement in the following example? Example: if (( "$x"="1" && "$y"="a" && "$z"="happy" )) then do nothing else command command fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

6. AIX

Controling a statement to execute

Hi All I have a script which runs a piece of JOB. The jobs are in sequence and if it fails at a particular job I wanted it to be started from the point where it failed. What I did I prepared two properties file one which contains the entire List of the JOBS which are to be executed and the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashantckc
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each value in an array, execute select statement

Hello All, I am new to shell scripting. I am working on Solaris O/S, bash script and sybase programming. I want to loop through multiple values in an array and for each value, I want to select a row from the database. following is the code written for it. output="loop.csv" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arundhati_s
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute and log each statement/block SQL file

Hi friends, I would like to get some help on the following requirement. I have a SQL file with following things, select 1 from dual; select user from dual; select sysdate from dual; BEGIN PL/SQL Code END; / This file will be saved as sql file. When I run my expected shell script,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssnair
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass tablenames from a file to shell script to execute create statement in DB2

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting, and I need to create nicknames for 600 tables in db2. I have the file names in a text file and i have to pass these table names to a shell script create nicknames in db2. Can some one please help me in this regard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamalanaatha
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
REGEX(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  REGEX(3)

NAME
re_comp, re_exec - regular expression handler SYNOPSIS
char *re_comp(s) char *s; re_exec(s) char *s; DESCRIPTION
Re_comp compiles a string into an internal form suitable for pattern matching. Re_exec checks the argument string against the last string passed to re_comp. Re_comp returns 0 if the string s was compiled successfully; otherwise a string containing an error message is returned. If re_comp is passed 0 or a null string, it returns without changing the currently compiled regular expression. Re_exec returns 1 if the string s matches the last compiled regular expression, 0 if the string s failed to match the last compiled regular expression, and -1 if the compiled regular expression was invalid (indicating an internal error). The strings passed to both re_comp and re_exec may have trailing or embedded newline characters; they are terminated by nulls. The regular expressions recognized are described in the manual entry for ed(1), given the above difference. SEE ALSO
ed(1), ex(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Re_exec returns -1 for an internal error. Re_comp returns one of the following strings if an error occurs: No previous regular expression, Regular expression too long, unmatched (, missing ], too many () pairs, unmatched ). 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 15, 1985 REGEX(3)