Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: install glibc-2.6.1
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users install glibc-2.6.1 Post 302138305 by big123456 on Monday 1st of October 2007 04:21:50 AM
Old 10-01-2007
Thank you,
I have tried that several times by
root@-xubuntu:/home/ak# apt-get upgrade glibc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

But when installing Oracle I receive this error message :

Expected result: ATLEAST=2.3.4-2.19
Actual Result: package glibc is not installed
Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<

Then I can not install Oracle 11g.
Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

glibc 2.2.2

After installing glibc 2.2.2 on my redhat 6.1 (with all necessary updates). I try to restart but my compter say i do not existst like you deleted root account and you are root. (i have seen people doing that ;-P ). I run configure with these command --bindir=/bin --sbindir=/sbin --libdir=/lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jurrien
1 Replies

2. Programming

glibc error

Hi All, This is my first time posting on this forum. I'd like to participate actively on this list. Here we go! I'm making a little application and I'm using ncurses. After a while using it, I receive the following error and the stack trace is shown: ***glibc detected*** malloc() :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message about glibc

Hi I have a strange phenomenon on putty session connected to RHEL4 server. My session is active but without any activity for 2 or 3 hours and suddenly this message appears on the prompt : $ *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xb66e0d50 *** Could you have an idea about it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

glibc version

I need glibc version 2.2 - 2.11 for a installation. but i got glibc 2.0-2.1 from software centre... what to do? can u help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

locale and glibc and charset

what's the relationship among locale, glibc, charset, charmap and fonts? why locale needs to be generated by glibc? how? what are in the locale-archive file? and what are in font files? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help installing GLIBC on SuSe 11.

I need help updating the glibc in my suse box. I have no clue how to do this and I am afraid of breaking this box. Can someone please give me some direction? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OptimusPrime1
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

got error when install glibc

hi all, i am play LFS recently. but i can not go on for a an error when install glibc. here is the error log: if test -r /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h && cmp -s /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/stubs.h /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h; \ then echo 'stubs.h unchanged'; \ else /usr/bin/install -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
1 Replies

8. SuSE

Installing SW asking me to update GLIBC..HELP!

Hi, I am trying to install OpenFT and got the following message: usmlva0001tsrv:/mnt/iso/linuxi64 # ./install.all error: Failed dependencies: libc.so.6.1()(64bit) is needed by PCMX-6.0A90-05.ia64 libc.so.6.1(GLIBC_2.2)(64bit) is needed by PCMX-6.0A90-05.ia64... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Install glibc-debug for glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1 on SLES 11

I have to debug a function getopt_long in glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1. For that how can I download and install its corresponding glibc-debug on SLES 11? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

Trying to install glibc-common 686 on a x64 system

Hi, I hoping someone can help me. I am running a 64 bit RH 6.5 Server, and have to install glibc.686 for a Symantec package I need to install. A prerequisite for glibc.686 is glibc-common. I'm trying to install this manually, as it's not on our local repository, but when I try, I get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badoshi
1 Replies
GIT-TAR-TREE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-TAR-TREE(1)

NAME
git-tar-tree - Create a tar archive of the files in the named tree object SYNOPSIS
git tar-tree [--remote=<repo>] <tree-ish> [ <base> ] DESCRIPTION
THIS COMMAND IS DEPRECATED. Use git archive with --format=tar option instead (and move the <base> argument to --prefix=base/). Creates a tar archive containing the tree structure for the named tree. When <base> is specified it is added as a leading path to the files in the generated tar archive. git tar-tree behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header. It can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce tar archive for. If it is the object name of a commit object. <base> Leading path to the files in the resulting tar archive. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. EXAMPLES
git tar-tree HEAD junk | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extracts it in /var/tmp/junk directory. git tar-tree v1.4.0 git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release. git tar-tree v1.4.0^{tree} git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git tar-tree --remote=example.com:git.git v1.4.0 >git-1.4.0.tar Get a tarball v1.4.0 from example.com. git tar-tree HEAD:Documentation/ git-docs > git-1.4.0-docs.tar Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.tar, with the prefix git-docs/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-TAR-TREE(1)