Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users the program too slow there is any solution? Post 302138297 by Ehab on Monday 1st of October 2007 02:55:27 AM
Old 10-01-2007
the program too slow there is any solution?

i want to make match between two file:
the first about 1000 records
and the second about 67000 records
I used the nested loop for that the program is two slow
how can i fast this the program

ex:
more file1|while read i
do
more file2|while read x
do
if $parameter1=$parameter2
then .....
fi
done
done

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can you help me find a solution in this program in unix ?

Write shell script to read 3 numbers and print them in revers and print wither they are polyndrome numbers or not ????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelorn_mn
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies
diskaudit_flush_interval(5)					File Formats Manual				       diskaudit_flush_interval(5)

NAME
diskaudit_flush_interval - determine time interval (in secs) for flushing audit records VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values DESCRIPTION
The tunable controls the periodic interval between two consecutive flushes of audit records buffered in the kernel memory which is bound to a kernel thread. This kernel thread has 64KB of buffer size to hold the audit records, and there can be a maximum of 32 such threads. These kernel threads automatically flush their buffers if the buffers fill up completely, but that might take a long time depending upon the activities in the system. The value of the tunable should be set such that the threads keep cleaning their buffers when they are approximately half full, or are idle for a long time but still holding some data in the buffer. Keeping the tunable value too low will make threads flush too soon and may lead to too many small write operations, thus impacting performance. On the other hand, keeping the value too high might lead to high unflushed memory consumption. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? An administrator with proper privileges can change the value of Restrictions on Changing None. This tunable is dynamic. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? When the system is not processing many audit-related activities. What are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? If the system is generating large numbers of records, and the value is raised, then it can result in a lot of unflushed memory, and might slow down the system. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? When the system is generating a lot of audit records. What are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? If the system is not generating too many records, and the value is lowered, it might lead to a lot of small numbers of writes, which actu- ally only write to buffer cache and not immediately to the physical disk, with the actual write happening later on. This might impact per- formance again. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audit(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters diskaudit_flush_interval(5)