Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Problem while installing SSH using swinstall?? Post 302138280 by aldosfox on Sunday 30th of September 2007 11:21:17 PM
Old 10-01-2007
Problem while installing SSH using swinstall??

While Im installing SSH using swinstall, I've receive this error.

== 09/27/07 11:33:15 EDT BEGIN install AGENT SESSION (pid=17256)
(jobid=drhpprod-0063)

* Agent session started for user "root@drhpprod". (pid=17256)

* Beginning Analysis Phase.
* Source: drhpprod:/mstnet/T1471AA.depot
* Target: drhpprod:/
* Target logfile: drhpprod:/var/adm/sw/swagent.log
* Reading source for product information.
* Reading source for file information.

* Executing preDSA command.
NOTE: The used disk space on filesystem "/" is estimated to increase
by 8 Kbytes.
This will leave 52712 Kbytes of available user disk space
after the installation.
NOTE: The used disk space on filesystem "/opt" is estimated to
increase by 26368 Kbytes.
This will leave 364904 Kbytes of available user disk space
after the installation.
NOTE: The used disk space on filesystem "/var" is estimated to
= increase by 216 Kbytes.
This will leave 2432992 Kbytes of available user disk space

after the installation.

* Summary of Analysis Phase:
* 1 of 1 filesets had no Errors or Warnings.
* The Analysis Phase succeeded.

* Beginning the Install Execution Phase.
* Filesets: 1
* Files: 631
* Kbytes: 23158
* Installing bundle "T1471AA,r=A.04.50.009" .
* Installing fileset "Secure_Shell.SECURE_SHELL,r=A.04.50.009"
(1 of 1).
ERROR: Could not access remote file
"/opt/ssh/COPYRIGHT.sftpfilecontrol" in software item
"Secure_Shell.SECURE_SHELL,r=A.04.50.009,a=HP-UX_B.11.11_32/64,v
due to an internal error on the remote system.
ERROR: Failed installing fileset
"Secure_Shell.SECURE_SHELL,r=A.04.50.009". Check the above
output for details.
= * Retry number 1 of 1 for loading files for fileset
"Secure_Shell.SECURE_SHELL,r=A.04.50.009".

* Installing fileset "Secure_Shell.SECURE_SHELL,r=A.04.50.009"
(1 of 1).
ERROR: Could not access remote file
"/opt/ssh/COPYRIGHT.sftpfilecontrol" in software item
"Secure_Shell.SECURE_SHELL,r=A.04.50.009,a=HP-UX_B.11.11_32/64,v
due to an internal error on the remote system.
ERROR: Failed installing fileset
"Secure_Shell.SECURE_SHELL,r=A.04.50.009". Check the above
output for details.
NOTE: The Install Phase has suspended. Check the above output for
== reasons.

Please reply to me asap, I really need to up this service...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

help with swinstall

I'm trying to install gcc from hp with swinstall but what happens is the following: I change source to the correct depot, it complains it can't find anything, when I change target to /usr/local, it shows the depot in the list. Next, I mark it for install, install it, but then it gets installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help with swinstall HP patches

I am having trouble installing some HPUX patches on my B1000 11.11. I am a novice at this so bear with me. I understand how to install depots. Very easy. Now I'm trying to patch my system so I can get the Oracle client installed. Oracle says I need these two patches: PHCO_23770, PHCO_23092 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

swinstall and autoreboot

HI I am new on unix admin. I would like to know, if it is possible to a. install the patch (like phss_25277) during normal business hours and b. reboot the server during off peak hours on a production box c. what is the normal practise for the patch installs on hp-ux (PA-RISC, B.11.11)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: schilukuri
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

swinstall error

Our company recently purchased a couple of rp3440 machines. They arrived with HPUX 11.11 installed. The default setup has /lib as a symbolic link to /usr/lib. I wanted to use some of the enhanced features of GNU softare, so I went to the HP-UX Porting and Archive center and downloaded the Core... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SemiOfCol
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

swinstall

Hi, I am new to HP-UX. I am attempting some pre-requisites to an Oracle upgrade, part of which requires some OS patching. When I check using show_patches or swlist -l patch the patches do not exist. On visiting ItResource web page I see the patches and later "recommended" patches (that unlike... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble installing Java bin in ssh

Java is required for a game server I'm setting up.. I'm unable to install the java_ee_sdk-5_03-linux.bin self-executable. Tried using chmod but didn't have any success. Please help, I will be eternally greatfull :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clockwise
3 Replies

7. AIX

Problems installing SSH on AIX 5.2

Hi all. I'm a newbie around here and starting an "adventure" through AIX OS's. I'm having a few troubles when i try to install OpenSSH 4.7.0.5201 through smitty installp. I have all prerequisites already installed on my server. As you can see below, my problem is only with the SSH Server.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: celotibau
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

swinstall issues

what the heck am I doing wrong? Im trying to install bastille and i keep getting errors. # cd - /var/spool/sw # ls B6849AA_B.02.01.03.depot catalog swagent.log var # swinstall -s /var/spool/sw B6849AA ======= 10/04/07 09:47:43 EDT BEGIN swinstall... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

swinstall and swremove

can it have any command that swinstall and swremove without gui thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

10. Solaris

swinstall: not found

i am having this error when i try to execute # swinstall -s /cdrom/volume_manager3.5/pkgs swinstall: not found anyone know why was it having this error? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
2 Replies
clonefset(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      clonefset(8)

NAME
clonefset - Creates a read-only copy of an AdvFS fileset SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/clonefset domain fileset clonename OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an existing AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of the original fileset that the clonefset utility will clone. Specifies the name of the read-only fileset created by the clonefset utility. DESCRIPTION
The clonefset utility enables you to perform online backups of active files by making a read-only copy (clone) of an active fileset. Once you create and mount a clone fileset, you can back up the clone using the vdump command or other supported backup utility (the dump command is not supported by AdvFS). Note that the clonefset utility only clones AdvFS filesets; it does not clone UFS file systems. A clone fileset is a read-only snapshot of fileset data structures (metadata). When you clone a fileset, the utility copies only the structure of the original fileset, not its data. When you modify files in the original fileset, the file system copies the original pages to the clone fileset. In this way, the clone fileset contents remain the same as when you first created it. You can create new versions of a clone fileset, but you can maintain only one clone per fileset at a time. You cannot rename a clone file- set, but there is a workaround. You can remove an existing clone fileset (and all its files) by using the rmfset command, then create a new one with the new name. RESTRICTIONS
Each fileset within a domain must have a unique name of up to 31 characters. All whitespace characters (tab, new line, space, and so forth) and the / # : * ? characters are invalid for fileset names. Do not create a clone fileset if the available disk space for the file domain is less than 5 percent of the total. When a file domain runs out of disk space, the file system loses its ability to maintain the consistency of files within clone filesets. When the file system can no longer maintain consistency, it displays warning messages similar to the following on the user's terminal and to the console: WARNING: advfs cannot copy-on-write data to a clone file. WARNING: encountered the following error: ENO_MORE_BLKS (-1040) WARNING: do not continue using the clone fileset. WARNING: original file set: name=mnt, id=2c06a73f.00027192.00000001.8001 WARNING: clone file set: name=clone, id=2c06a73f.00027192.00000002.8002 WARNING: file id = 0000000a.8002 This message also appears in the /var/adm/syslog.dated/latest_boot_date/kern.log file. EXAMPLES
The following example creates a read-only copy of the credit_fs fileset that resides in the accounts_dmn file domain. The clone fileset name in this example is credit_clone1. This example also performs an online backup and removes the clone fileset after the backup is com- plete: # mkdir /mnt/credit_clone1 # clonefset accounts_dmn credit_fs credit_clone1 # mount -t advfs account_dmn#credit_clone1 /mnt/credit_clone1 # vdump /mnt/credit_clone1 # umount /mnt/credit_clone1 # rmfset account_dmn credit_clone1 SEE ALSO
Commands: tar(1), showfdmn(8), vdump(8), vrestore(8) Functions: advfs_clonefset(3) File Formats: advfs(4) clonefset(8)