Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling sql file from shell script Post 302138265 by dummy_needhelp on Sunday 30th of September 2007 08:45:50 PM
Old 09-30-2007
calling sql file from shell script

Hello everybody
I need help calling sql file from shell script.
Can anyone help me creating a small shell script which calls an sql file .

The .sql file should contain some select statements like
select emp_no from emp_table;
select emp_id from emp_table;

And the results should be displayed in the shell script.

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL scripts through Shell Script

Oracle and Scripting gurus, I need some help with this script... I am trying to add the query SELECT * FROM ALL_SYNONYMS WHERE SYNONYM_NAME = 'METADATA' in the current script.... Read the result set and look for the TABLE_NAME field. If the field is pointing to one table eg.... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Calling sql file from shell script

I have created abc.sh file which will set the environment variables (UNIX env variables as well as ORACLE required variables like ORACLE_SID,ORACLE_HOME etc) and then calls a function file which checks for starts some logs and then it will try to execute the .sql file. The .sh, function file are as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sskc
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling PL/SQL Script in Shell Programming

Hi all, In a shell script I need to pass two parameters to a pl/sql script and get the ouput of the pl/sql script and use it in shell script. For example Shell script : test.sh PL/SQL script : get_id.sql parameter1 parameter2 Actually get_id.sql has a select statement something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijju.mathew
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sql in shell script with parameters

Dear All, I want to call an sql script within a unix shell script. I want to pass a parameter into the shell script which should be used as a parameter in teh sql script. e.g $ ./shell1.sh 5000129 here 5000129 is a prameter inside shell script i am calling one sql script e.g. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radhe
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling sql file from shell script

Hi I have a shell script that call a sql file. The sql file will create a spool file. My requirement is, when ever i get an OS error like file not found. I have to log it in a log file. Could some who worked in a like scenario help me by giving the code sample. Many Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chintapalli001
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a sql file in my shell script

Hi, I want to call a sql file in my shell script. see the below code:- if ] then ( isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -w100 -b -h0 <<ENDSQL | sed -e "s/Password://" ${S_PWD} set nocount on go use ${S_DB} go // need to call a file name... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sql file from shell script with parameters.

Hi, I am calling a sql file script.sql from shell script and passing few parameters also as shown below: sqlplus -S id/password @script.sql $param1 $param2 Now,In sql file I have to create a extract text file after querying oracle tables based on the parameters passed(param1,param2) as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil029
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script hangs while calling sql file

I have a master shell script which calls some 40 shell scripts. All the shell scripts calls a sql file which executes some sql statements. I run these scripts in parallel such that it saves me time. When i executed them i saw some strange behavior. Firstly, I found that some scripts among the 40... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Calling PL/SQL Block into Shell Script

Hi, i have one simple PL/SQL Block and i have saved it as .sql file, which i am trying to call from UNIX script. PL/SQL block structure CONNECT DB_NAME/PWD@Database whenever SQLERROR EXIT 1; Declare ..Variables... BEGIN --Code-- exception END; exit; I have save this block as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhii
3 Replies
dspam_maintenance(1)						   User Commands					      dspam_maintenance(1)

NAME
dspam_maintenance - remove old signatures and unimportant tokens from the DSPAM storage backend SYNOPSIS
dspam_maintenance [--profile=PROFILE] [--logdays=no_of_days] [--signatures=no_of_days] [--neutral=no_of_days] [--unused=no_of_days] [--hapaxes=no_of_days] [--hits1s=no_of_days] [--hits1i=no_of_days] [--without-sql-purge] [--with-sql-automatization] [--with-sql-autoup- date] [--purgescriptdir=directory] [--with-all-drivers] [--verbose] DESCRIPTION
dspam_maintenance is used to remove old signatures/tokens and unimportant tokens from the DSPAM storage backend and purge old log entries in user and system logs. This script can be called from the command line or run from within cron. Either add a line in your crontab or add this script in your cron.{hourly,daily,weekly,monthly}. Running this script every hour might not be the best idea but it's your decision if you want to do so. OPTIONS
--profile=PROFILE Specify a storage profile from dspam.conf. The storage profile selected will be used for all database connectivity. NOTE: See dspam.conf for more information. --logdays=no_of_days All log entries older than no_of_days days will be removed. NOTE: Default is 31 days. (for more info: man dspam_logrotate) --signatures=no_of_days All signatures older than no_of_daysdays will be removed. NOTE: Default value is set by the PurgeSignatures option in dspam.conf, if this option is not set, the default value is 14 days. This option is only used for the Hash driver. --neutral=no_of_days Deletes all tokens from the target users database whose probability is between 0.35 and 0.65 (fairly neutral, useless data). NOTE: Default value is set by the PurgeNeutral option in dspam.conf, if this option is not set, the default value is 90 days. --unused=no_of_days Remove stale tokens which have not been used for a long period of time. NOTE: Default value is set by the PurgeUnused option in dspam.conf, if this option is not set, the default value is 90 days. --hapaxes=no_of_days Remove tokens with a total hit count below 5 (which will be assigned a hapaxial value by DSPAM). NOTE: Default value is set by the PurgeHapaxes option in dspam.conf, if this option is not set, the default value is 30 days. --hits1s=no_of_days Remove tokens with a single SPAM hit. NOTE: Default value is set by the PurgeHits1S option in dspam.conf, if this option is not set, the default value is 15 days. --hits1i=no_of_days Remove tokens with a single INNOCENT hit. NOTE: Default value is set by the PurgeHits1I option in dspam.conf, if this option is not set, the default value is 15 days. --without-sql-purge Do not use SQL based purging. Only run dspam_clean. NOTE: Default is off (aka: use SQL based purging). --with-sql-optimization Run VACUUM (for PostgreSQL/SQLite) and/or OPTIMIZE (for MySQL). NOTE: Default is off (aka: do not use optimizations). --with-sql-autoupdate Run SQL based purging with purge day values passed to dspam_maintenance. NOTE: Default is off (aka: do not attempt to modify SQL instructions). --purgescriptdir=directory Space separated list of directories where to search for SQL files used for the SQL based purging. --with-all-drivers Process all installed storage drivers (not just the active driver). NOTE: Default is true (aka: process all installed drivers). --verbose Verbose output while running maintenance script. EXIT VALUE
0 Operation was successful. other Operation resulted in an error. Run the script with --verbose to get more information about error. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 DSPAM Project All rights reserved. For more information, see http://dspam.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
dspam(1), dspam_admin(1), dspam_clean(1), dspam_crc(1), dspam_dump(1), dspam_logrotate(1), dspam_merge(1), dspam_stats(1), dspam_train(1) dspam_maintenance Apr 26, 2010 dspam_maintenance(1)