Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sendmail is eating high memory Post 302138146 by neel.gurjar on Saturday 29th of September 2007 01:06:46 PM
Old 09-29-2007
yes. it is eating up that much. When I check ps -ef|grep sendmail.. It showed lots of sendmail process running. Then I killed one by one.

But still how to tune it.

Thanks
NeeleshG

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eating memory

Hello I run Gentoo Linux on my computer: Athlon XP 1700+ ~1,46 mhz 512 mb ram After a while, my computer works really slow, and when I cat /proc/meminfo, I see that I only have 8mb of 512 mb free! How is that possible? I dont run anything I can think of that eats that amount of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maestin
4 Replies

2. AIX

High memory usage in AIX 5.1

Hi, We have AIX 5.1 machine of RAM 8 GB and paging space is 8GB. we are getting high memory usage of almost 99%.Can anybody please help in this ? Partial vmstat o/p kthr memory ----- ----------- r b avm fre 2 1 278727 1143 There is no paging issue.Becoz in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayakumarrt
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set HIGH importance to a mail sent through mailx or sendmail command

I have written a script for sending automated email, reporting the running status of a cron scheduled work. Now, the issue is, my Project Manager wants, the mail should be received with HIGH IMPORTANCE. How can I do that, kindly anybody explain. Thank you so much. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitte_dino
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

11.31 System Memory too high

Hello, I noticed very high system memory utilization on my new 11.31 Itanium systems. System memory is more than 11GB on 32 GB system. Comparing this to 11.23 it's more than double ... How do I find out what is using it? Is there a way to reduce it? Thank you, Kubo (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trunecm1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

High use of cache memory

Hi, I'm running a debian lenny 1GB ram, but with a high I/O. This server has 400IOPS and 3MB/s sustain. So, I noted cached memory use 800MB, buffered memory use 50MB, and no free memory is available. Questions: What does mean such a high cached memory? Who's using this cached memory? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX memory usage always high

hi, I want to ask , my AIX 6.1 is always used about 97% memory. Is this normal ? or any command can free up memory like Linux ? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virusxx
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

High CPU+Memory comsumption

Hi All, I have Solaris-9, Sun Fire V1280 with uptime of 501 Days. My Big brother monitoring showing me 90% + memory utilization on this box. Since this is production box, I can not reboot it. Is there way to know, what is consuming so much ? It is affecting my other environment on the box.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk eating too much memory?

Hi all, using AWK iam sorting auniq data from a file the file size is 8GB, while running that script , the over all cpu usage will be nearly 8 how to avoid this ?? any other alternate is available for awk? Thanks in Advance Anish kumar.V (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
13 Replies

9. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. Solaris

High Memory Utilization

Hello Guys, I have one Solaris server with high memory utilization >90%. As per checking, below is the output for memory usage. bash-3.00# ps -efo pmem,uid,pid,ppid,pcpu,comm | sort -r %MEM UID PID PPID %CPU COMMAND 1.7 29496 20668 1 0.0 /opt/app/iw-home/tools/java/bin/java 1.5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
1 Replies
PMDASENDMAIL(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   PMDASENDMAIL(1)

NAME
pmdasendmail - sendmail performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/pmdasendmail [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] DESCRIPTION
pmdasendmail is a sendmail Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports mail traffic statistics as collected by sendmail(1). Before the sendmail PMDA can export any metrics, sendmail(1) must have statistics collection enabled. This involves checking the name of the statistics file, as given by the OS or O StatusFile control lines in /etc/sendmail.cf, and then creating this file if it does not already exist. Removing the file will terminate statistics collection by sendmail(1) and hence the sendmail PMDA. A brief description of the pmdasendmail command line options follows: -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named sendmail.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdasendmail is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default. There are no communication options, as the Install script ensures the sendmail PMDA will be connected to PMCD by a pipe. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the sendmail performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail # ./Remove pmdasendmail is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdasendmail $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/help default help text file for the sendmail metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/Install installation script for the pmdasendmail agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasendmail agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/sendmail.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdasendmail /etc/sendmail.cf sendmail configuration file to identify the name of the statistics file PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
pmcd(1) and sendmail(1). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDASENDMAIL(1)