Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MX redirecting
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users MX redirecting Post 302138095 by nbredthauer on Friday 28th of September 2007 04:42:07 PM
Old 09-28-2007
TTL is 86400 in the domain.com.zone. Is there another file relating to the mx record?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Redirecting

How to redirect the contents of a file to a command? The contents of the file are the arguments necessary for the command. thx in advance. bye svh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using redirecting from awk

Well this is what im doing, im writing a script that you pass 3 variables into. Filename, delimiter or "FS in AWK", and a string of columbs you want to keep 1,2,4,5... Just modifing a data file and rewriting with a different extension. My problem atm is using awk to seperate the "columb String"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ugh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting OUTPUT

Hi, I want to move the output of a command/script to a file as well as to to be displayed on stdout. Can anybody help me in this. Thanks in advace .. -Chanakya M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting to stdin

Hi, I'm having trouble with my script. I have to select different choices without any interaction from a menu that looks like : a - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx b - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx c - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx d - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I tried things like : echo "a" >&0 read < echo "a" but none worked. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
4 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache redirecting

Dear All I need to redirect requests coming in on a second domain, to a page within an existing web site. So basicly http:\\webtest should be redirected to http:\\ustnd5\ukt\newsroom\newsroom.jsp I have the line ProxyPassReverse /ukt/newsroom/newsroom.jsp http://webtest:10080/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wjones
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting symbols

Can anyone please tell me what the following do 1. < 2. << Thanks Calypso (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Calypso
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdin from fd 3-9?

Hi I'm trying to do something on the bash command line that I will later put into a bash shell script. I'm trying to take a program that reads stdin (using getline) and be able to keep it running in the background and fire "commands" to it. So what I thought I should do was to try taking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceguyeddie
3 Replies

8. Linux

Telnet redirecting

Hey guys, i want to be able to get rid of the following output that telnet spits out to the terminal. i have a script that runs telnet to about 5 hosts and checks to make sure connectivity works. Connection closed by foreign host. Connection closed by foreign host. Connection closed by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting help

I am trying to create the file and redirect the output in the same command line which is line 4 in the below program. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter File Name:" value1 echo "Your File Name is $value1" sed 's/abcd/'$value1'/g' abcd_calls > $value1_calls This is the error it generates ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting the output

For example, if we run the below command, symcfg list -thin -pool , results in an output most of the times and if the out is generated i'm able to redirect the output to a file. but sometimes it doesnt result any output and even though the output is being redirected, i can see "No Thin Pools "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: web2moha
2 Replies
zone2ldap(1)						      General Commands Manual						      zone2ldap(1)

NAME
zone2ldap /- Load BIND 9 Zone files into LDAP Directory SYNOPSIS
zone2ldap [-D Bind DN] [-w Bind Password] [-b Base DN] [-z Zone] [-f Zone File ] [-h Ldap Host] [-cd] [-v] DESCRIPTION
zone2ldap will parse a complete BIND 9 format DNS zone file, and load the contents into an LDAP directory, for use with the LDAP sdb back- end. If the zone already exists, zone2ldap will exit succesfully. If the zone does not exists, or partially exists, zone2ldap will attempt to add all/missing zone data. Options -b LDAP Base DN. LDAP systems require a "base dn", which is generally considered the LDAP Directory root. If the zone you are loading is different from the base, then you will need to tell zone2ldap what your LDAP base is. -v Print version information, and immediatly exit. -f Zone file. Bind 9.1 compatible zone file, from which zone information will be read. -d Dump debug information to standard out. -w LDAP Bind password, corresponding the the value of "-b". -h LDAP Directory host. This is the hostname of the LDAP system you wish to store zone information on. An LDAP server should be lis- tening on port 389 of the target system. This may be ommited, and will default to "localhost". -c This will create the zone portion of the DN you are importing. For instance, if you are creating a domain.com zone, zone2ldap should first create "dc=domain,dc=com". This is useful if you are creating multiple domains. -z This is the name of the zone specified in the SOA record. EXAMPLES
Following are brief examples of how to import a zone file into your LDAP DIT. Loading zone domain.com, with an LDAP Base DN of dc=domain,dc=com zone2ldap -D dc=root -w secret -h localhost -z domain.com -f domain.com.zone This will add Resource Records into an ALREADY EXISTING dc=domain,dc=com. The final SOA DN in this case, will be dc=@,dc=domain,dc=com Loading customer.com, if your LDAP Base DN is dc=provider,dc=net. zone2ldap -D dc=root -w secret -h localhost -z customer.com -b dc=provider,dc=net -f customer.com.zone -c This will create dc=customer,dc=com under dc=provider,dc=net, and add all necessary Resource Records. The final root DN to the SOA will be dc=@,dc=customer,dc=com,dc=provider,dc=net. SEE ALSO
named(8) ldap(3) http://www.venaas.no/ldap/bind-sdb/ BUGS
Send all bug reports to Jeff McNeil <jeff@snapcase.g-rock.net> AUTHOR
Jeff McNeil <jeff@snapcase.g-rock.net> 8 March 2001 zone2ldap(1)