Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Null Character Handling
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Null Character Handling Post 302138062 by npk2210 on Friday 28th of September 2007 11:27:53 AM
Old 09-28-2007
Yes, you are right. For emtpty line i mentioned it as NULL. Could you please explain what exactly the grep -v "^$" will do? Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GREP a string with NULL Character

Does anyone know how to use grep/egrep to find a string that contains a null character? i.e.: the string looks like this: null0001nullN well I want to be able to : grep '0001N' is there a wildcard character or something that I can put in the grep to include the nulls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weerich
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Null handling in scripts

Hi, I face some problem with handling of nulls. I declare a variable - say i - and intialise to 0. Later I read it from console, wherein if I dont give any variable and press return key, I get this error: "0403-004 Specify a parameter with this command" Is there anyway to handle this error? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending a null character to a terminal

I'm testing out some ESMTP AUTH stuff, and it requires that the username and password be on the same line separated by a null character. Does anyone know how to echo the ASCII null character? Thanks, Alex (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files which contain a null character

Hi, I would like to use grep to find files which contain NULL characters. I'm not sure how to represent the null character in the grep statement. Could anyone help please? Thanks! Helen :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling null input...

Ok, so when a user inputs nothing, simply pressing enter when prompted for a phone number, I get a "./addrbkfct.sh: test: argument expected" error message. I have the following function: addNumber(){ echo "Phone number: \c"; read number; echo $number; if ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrRo183
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

handling null values in files

Hi , I have a script where i will remove header and trailer record and ftp to another server. I'm using the code: latestfilename=`ls filename_* | tail -1` echo "Latest filename = $latestfilename" sed '1d;$d' $latestfilename > a.ftpedfile I have an issue if input data is having null... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling Invisible character in a file

Hi Experts, When i am trying to read a csv file ,i could find some invisible character in it. I tried to see those characters by following code od -c filename It is displaying 240 for those invisible character. can some one elobrate on this and provide solution remove those character from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insertion of Null Character while writing into file

I have a huge file with record length around 5000 characters. There is an ETL tool datastage which is writing this data to the file(AIX server). At position 4095 i have seen NULL Character(^@). when i am using this command "head -1 file_nm | sed 's/\000//g'" --- the output is displaying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: issaq84mohd
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling null Integer/string variables

I kind of found out the hard way that I am not able to manipulate the null value, the long silence that happens when there is no value returned. I am looking for PIDs, and when there is no PID return, I wanted to handle this special scenario. Here is my script. #!/bin/bash LAN_VARIABLE=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lan123
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first NULL Character in Flat File

We have a flat file with below data : ^@^@^@^@00000305^@^@^@^@^@^@430^@430^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@09079989530As we can see ^@ is Null character in this file I want to remove only the first few null characters before string 00000305 How can we do that, any idea. I want a new file without first few... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
5 Replies
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Null(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Null(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Null - Null authentication store SYNOPSIS
use Catalyst qw( Authentication ); __PACKAGE__->config( 'Plugin::Authentication' => { default_realm => 'remote', realms => { remote => { credential => { class => 'TypeKey', key_url => 'http://example.com/regkeys.txt', }, store => { class => 'Null', } } } }); DESCRIPTION
The Null store is a transparent store where any supplied user data is accepted. This is mainly useful for remotely authenticating credentials (e.g. TypeKey, OpenID) which may not be tied to any local storage. It also helps facilitate integration with the Session plugin. METHODS
new( ) Creates a new instance of the store. for_session( ) Returns the user object passed to the method. from_session( ) Returns the user object passed to the method. find_user( ) Since this store isn't tied to any real set of users, this method just returns the user info bless as a Catalyst::Authentication::User::Hash object. user_supports( ) Delegates to Catalyst::Authentication::User::Hash. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-14 Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Null(3pm)