Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to create foder when the string matches Post 302137982 by maximas on Friday 28th of September 2007 04:45:21 AM
Old 09-28-2007
to create foder when the string matches

hi Smilie
im actually new to shell script ,see here is the program wat it will do is .. i have to create folder at the run time when the string matches ... what to do is im havin text file which carry the file name like ( EngCVer1pg1j01.TOP, EngCVer1pg1m08.TOP, EngCVer1pg1h04,..and EngCVer1pg2j01.TOP, EngCVer1pg2e05.TOP ... an some pg3 like tat .) .. but wat i hav to do is , i have to create seprate folder for each EngCVer1pg1 files seprately for each pg1 files .. and in tat created folder i hav to copy the pg2 files each one files accordingly ...

thank you Smilie HAS

Last edited by maximas; 09-28-2007 at 08:32 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String in text matches folder name

Hi, I need unix shell script that can read the first column of a text file and matching each column string is a folder and i need to read files from the specified folder e.g Main.txt has Mike 690 Jhon 346 i need to read Mike first then open up the files in folder Mike in the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shackman66
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a string in files and reporting matches

Can someone please help me figure out what the command syntax I need to use is? Here is what I am wanting to do. I have hundreds of thousands of files I need to look for a specific search string in. These files are spread across multiple subdirectories from one main directory. I would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: btrotter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating folder when the string matches

hi :confused:sorry last time , b4 im drafting the thread i was unexpectedly posted the thread see here is the program wat it will do is .. i have to create folder at the run time when the string matches ... what to do is im havin text file which carry the file name like ( EngCVer1pg1j01.TOP,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all matches in a string with sed

if I have "abxcdxefx" and want to remove the x's with sed, how can I do this? Thanks. WHOOPS: Just remembered: echo "abxcdxefx" | sed s/x//g Thanks for reading, though. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lumix
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to test if part of a string matches?

How to test if the first 7 characters of a string matches "backup."? This did not work: #!/bin/sh name="backup.20091122" if then echo name is a backup else echo name is not a backup fiThank you. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get line number when matches a string

If I have a file something like as shown below, ARM*187878*hjhj BAG*88778*jjjj COD*7777*kkkk BAG*87878*kjjhjk DEF*65656*89989*khjkk I need the line numbers to be added with a colon when it matches the string "BAG". Here in my case, I need something like ARM*187878*hjhj... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print only '+' or '-' if string matches (two files)

I would like to add two additional conditions to the actual code I have: print '+' if in File2 field 5 is greater than 35 and also field 7 is grater than 90. while read -r line do grep -q "$line" File2.txt && echo "$line +" || echo "$line -" done < File1.txt ' Input file 1: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernardo.bello
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display text is string matches below.

I have not idea how I would accomplish this. I have a script that scans for CDP neighbours. I get the results in a file. I am interested in CDP Neighbor Details if name BSWITCH shows up. If BSWITCH is not present then skip. CDP Neighbor Details for 10.200.21.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)