Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: converting ksh scripts to sh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting converting ksh scripts to sh Post 302137916 by porter on Thursday 27th of September 2007 01:47:36 PM
Old 09-27-2007
Or can you acquire/compile ksh for that environment?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting an OpenVms .com to a UNIX ksh script

Does anyone know what a unix equivalent to the following OpenVms string would be? variable1 = F$FAO("!123AS",file_create_time) I can't seem to find the proper syntax of anything I try. Thx! J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prosserj
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Text File into XML using Unix Shell Scripts

Hi everyone, If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert a file into xml format using Unix shell scripts. The file has fields with each field having a certain number of bytes, but the fields are not delimited by anything... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
10 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Converting UNIX scripts to DOS

Is there a tool available to convert UNIX (BASH Shell) scripts to DOS scripts? I understand that DOS scripting is far inferior to unix scripting, and therfore this conversion may not be possible. Alternativley, perhaps I could convert my Unix scripts to C... then compile it for a windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crozz
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

converting ksh scripts--.bat in window's

hi evry one , I did some ksh scripts for file editing in AIX 5.2 ver, issue is while I was trying to run these scripts in windows box as batch files windows is not recognising the awk part of the ksh script,as it is GNU environment, so any one who can help me will be appreciated. this is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2.5lt V8
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP WITH .ksh script converting the exit status

Hi Can someone help me please? In a standard UNIX .ksh script, if you have the exit status..say 5...what line do you have to enter into the script for this number to be automatically converted to its actual exit reason by looking up the exit status file...wherever that is? thanks angus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angusyoung
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting binary file to readable format in Ksh

In Unix/Ksh, when I try to look inside a file it says that the file may be a binary file and if I want to see it anyway. When i say 'yes', it shows me the content filled with unreadable symbols (looks like binary). Is there a command that I can run from the Unix prompt to convert/translate that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthurs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting scripts from dos 2 unix format

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and exploring it , I have developed few sample shell script but I have developed them on windows xp notepad and then saving them on folder and then testing them on cywgin and running perfectly...but these scripts are in dos format and I want to convert them in unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting ksh to bash - typeset commands

Hi all, Am trying to convert a script written in ksh to a bash shell. At the moment, am stumped with the typeset -u command and I can't find an equivalent of it in bash. integer function is also not working as is the following if statement if ] && ]; then continue fi Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)