Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh construct
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh construct Post 302137870 by ajcannon on Thursday 27th of September 2007 08:51:50 AM
Old 09-27-2007
typo

sorry - there is an extra 'does' in the post...

ignore the one on the 'typeset' line

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with looping construct

Hi all I have tried to search for this, but keep getting a MySQL db connect error, so am posing the question here, and taking a risk of incurring the wrath of the mods with my first post... I have the following test script: #!/bin/bash HTTPD=`/bin/ps -axcu | /usr/bin/grep httpd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikie
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embedding Perl construct in ksh...

Hi, I have an embedded Perl construct in a korn script. However, I cannot seem to access the shell variables that were declared outside this Perl section. This is how my script is written....I have also tried back-ticks where I assign the shell variable to my local perl variable, still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svetlur
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if-else construct not working

Hi all, Sorry to ask this easy question but I am stuck. In a scenario i am executing one shell script which contains a if - else construct : if ; then echo $line $line >> successful_build.txt else $line >> failed_services.txt fi explaination : if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error in the if construct

Hi can anyone tell me why is this code giving error mode=$1 if ] || ] then echo "MODES:" exit 1 fi Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why stderr file descriptor redirection makes ksh's "select" construct hang.

I am trying to use one global declaration --> "exec 2>$ERR" to capture all stderr outputs that may occur anywhere in my script. Then close it at the end of the script using --> "exec 2<&-" I am using KSH on Solaris 8. KSH Version M-11/16/88i If I comment two "exec .." statements in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

construct a string with X number of spaces

I'd like to create a variable with the value of X number of space( no Perl please), printf seems to work, but , in following example,10 spaces becomes 1 space when assinged to a variable, Why? other solutions are welcome. $printf "=%10s=\n" = = $var=$(printf "=%10s=\n") echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with if-else construct

Hi all i have been trying to do a small 'question and answer' script using if-else statement and a combination of pipe. I have succeeded in allowing the user to login with user name and password stored in a sequence username/password in a file named "pass" like this: echo "please enter your... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arikutex
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk construct unfamiliar to me

Please help me out: I've seen this construct awk '{...}1'several times, like in scrutinizer's today's post awk '{for(i=2;i<=NF;i++)if($i==$1)$i=RS $i}1' infilebut I can't find (manuals, man pages, internet FAQs,...) an explanation of what it does resp. stands for. Any hint is appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Construct path

Hi, I need to construct the below path from the two available directory path, O/P /home/data/test/run/ht/WEB/HTML /home/data/test/run/ht/WEB/JSP /home/data/test/run/ht/WEB/CSS Path:1 ------ /home/data/test/run/ Path:2 ------ /home/data/share/app/01/lang/ht/WEB/HTML... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special IF construct syntax in UNIX

Hi, I don't understand && and || in this context. I thought && is for logical 'AND' and || is for logical 'OR'. && echo "Not empty" || echo "Empty" Please help Thank You (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
5 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)