Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in outputting the result in log files Post 302137807 by radoulov on Thursday 27th of September 2007 05:07:33 AM
Old 09-27-2007
I mean:
Code:
$ nawk -F'"'  '{print>"ss"$2".sh"}' file
nawk: syntax error at source line 1
 context is
         >>> {print>"ss"$2 <<< ".sh"}
nawk: illegal statement at source line 1
$ nawk -F'"' '{print>("ss"$2".sh")}' file
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting from two input files.

Ok, lets suppose I have two files like so: file1 John 5441223 Sandy 113446 Jill 489799 file2 Sandy Tuesday Jill Friday John Monday Is it possible to match records from these two files and output them into one output file? For example, lets suppose I want to output like this: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liguidsoul
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting formatted Result log file from old 30000 lines result log<help required>

Well I have a 3000 lines result log file that contains all the machine data when it does the testing... It has 3 different section that i am intrsted in 1) starting with "20071126 11:11:11 Machine Header 1" 1000 lines... "End machine header 1" 2) starting with "20071126 12:12:12 Machine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.iet
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple log files and create output file and put the result

OS : Linux 2.6.9-67 - Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 Looking for a script that reads the following log files that gets generated everynight between 2 - 5am Master_App_20090717.log Master_App1_20090717.log Master_App2_20090717.log Master_App3_20090717.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a perl script or kornshell reading a two files and outputting to comma format

Hello Can someone help me to write a perl script or kornshell reading a two files and outputting to comma format. Here is the two files listofdisks.txt id, diskname, diskgroup, diskisze(GB), FC 1, CN34, GRP1, 30, FC_CN34 2, CN67, GRP5, 19, 4, VD1, GRP4, 23, FC_VD1 6, CF_D1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deiow
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm command-outputting files as they are deleted?

Solaris 10/Korn Hi unix experts!, Is it possible to output the actual file names to a file as they are being deleted via the rm command? Context: Im executing the shell script at the command line and directing the output to an output file eg purgescript.ksh > output.lst within the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files after result

Hi, I have a shell script #!/bin/sh date echo 'HI PROD' echo $Please ENTER THE INPUT 1 for old files 2 for new file read i if ; then cd /apps/acetp3_logs/prod3/O* pwd echo $PLEASE ENTER THE STRING TO SEARCH (PLEASE ENTER THE STRING INSIDE QUOTES ' ') read j echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Outputting 1 file per row if pattern exists between files

I have many files that can have various amounts of rows. I essentially want to output each row into a new file if a pattern is matched between two files. I have some code that does something similar but I want it to output every single input row from every file into a separate output file; that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing fastq files and outputting common records

I have two files: File_1: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCAGAAGCAGCAT + GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8F ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting Errors to a Log file

Good Morning, Every so often, I have copy scripts that to don't complete, but I don't immediately know why. It usually ends up being a permissions issue or a length issue. The scripts edit a log file, so I'd like to include any copy errors/issues in that file to check if the copies... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting data from log file to report

I have a log file that looks like this. the lines are grouped. 2 lines per entry. M: 2019-01-25 13:02:31.698 P25, received network transmission from KI4EKI to TG 10282 M: 2019-01-25 13:02:35.694 P25, network end of transmission, 4.3 seconds, 1% packet loss M: 2019-01-25 13:02:38.893 P25,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ae4ml
7 Replies
NYSHELL(1)						      General Commands Manual							NYSHELL(1)

NAME
nyshell - tool to generate shell scripts to build nypatchy output SYNOPSIS
nyshell logfile options cradle [ print ] [ .go ] DESCRIPTION
nyshell is a tool in the Nypatchy suite of programs for working with Patchy Master Files (PAM files); see nypatchy(1). Specifically, given the log file of a nypatchy run, it can create a shell script to compile all the source code files output by nypatchy. This program is sim- ilar to fcasplit except that it takes the log file as input instead of a source file, and it remembers which source code files have already been compiled in previous runs. USAGE
logfile is the name of the log file coming from nypatchy, with a default extension of ".log". A cradle file cradle may be given to add additional setup options such as desired compilers or compiler flags to use. (See the reference manual for more details.) print is the file to which informational output should be written (the default is standard output if omitted), and options is a sequence of single-char- acter flags. This program generates a shell script file named name.shfca (with name being the part of logfile sans extension) that can be run to build all object files. The file name.xqtlog "remembers" the current state. The command should be ended with ".go" unless one wants to enter the Nypatchy interactive shell. OPTIONS
Note that options should be given as a single string of characters with no space separation and no use of the - character (except that it can be used in place of the options field if no options are desired). Alphabetic options are not case-sensitive. A Force recompilation of all routines. B Bypass tests based on the .xqtlog file. E Bypass tests based on the .xqtlog file if it is empty. H Print help information only. Q "quick" - Do not print the setup. S Print the setup only (only together with H). U "up to date" - Check that all .o files are ready to go into a library. V "verbose" - Print the complete setup. SEE ALSO
fcasplit(1), nycheck(1), nydiff(1), nyindex(1), nylist(1), nypatchy(1), nymerge(1), nysynopt(1), nytidy(1), yexpand(1) The reference manual for the Nypatchy suite of programs is available in compressed PostScript format at the following URL: http://wwwasdoc.web.cern.ch/wwwasdoc/psdir/p5refman.ps.gz Running the command "nyshell help .no" also gives some brief help on usage. Running the command "nyshell - hs .no" prints the default set- up (compiler names and options) to be used in the generated shell scripts. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Kevin McCarty <kmccarty@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later (at your choice). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) Kevin B. McCarty, 2008. Mar 12, 2008 NYSHELL(1)