Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Suppress error message in unzip Post 302137743 by drl on Wednesday 26th of September 2007 05:06:57 PM
Old 09-26-2007
Hi.

Hmm, I don't know about bsh, but for bash, Jim probably meant:
Code:
unzip -tq $ZIP_PATH/$ZIP_NAME 2>&1 > /dev/null

cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

suppress bash's "Done" message

Hi, I'm running a background job in my bash script. But when the job quit, bash echos a message like "+ Done xterm". This is annoying. How can I suppress it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: momiji
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress error message in shell script

Hi All this is a simple script #! /bin/bash FileCnt=`ls -lrt $DIR/* | wc -l` echo $FileCnt how could i escape the error msg if there are no files in $DIR ls: /home/sayantan/test/files/cnt/*: No such file or directory 0 Looking forward for a quick reply Regards, Newbie... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

suppress unzip queries

hey i have piece of code working in solaris and same code i want to deploy it in linux but in solaris its not asking for queris but in linux it is !!!! COMMAND ==> unzip $test/alter.war -d $webclientHome/. OUTPUT==> In solaris it proceeds with following traces replace /aa/test.txt?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress "Where are you?" Message

biff n pdir=`pwd` # check for null parameter if ; then echo current directory $pdir ls -latr echo else p1=$1 #check for directory entry only if ; then pdir=$p1 echo current directory $pdir cd $pdir ls -latr echo #check for directory entry and file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress a background message in Bash

I'm having trouble with part of this bash script in Linux where I respawn a new instance of script and kill the old one to prevent forking (Yes, I know 'exec' will not fork but this needs to be interactive) When the old instance is kill it pops up "Terminated!" in the middle of the new instance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suppress the error while copying the file

HI , I am tryin to copying multiple files from some dir. If the files are not present. It should not throw error in the screen. HOw to do that . Please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppress Error Message

How can I suppress a error message being given by awk command in bash shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to suppress error in following command?

I have a file containing data in multiple columns. The colums are seperated by pipe (|). I need to extract information as below: myfile_20130929_781;10;100.00 where myfile.txt is the file name. 10 is the number of records in the file starting with 120 and 100.00 is the sum of 26th field of... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcsh: How to suppress error messages.

Hallo, I wrote some script: 95% of the script's output consists of error messages like "mkdir: cannot create directory ‘final': File exists Exit 1" and "rm: No match. Exit 1". These messages are not harmful at all, but they make the output almost unreadable. How can I get rid of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DanielDD
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function to suppress warning message for specific text and display prompt

In the below bash function multiple variants are input and stored in a variable $variant, and each is written to an out file at c:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out.txt stored on a separate line. # enter variant phox2b() { printf "\n\n" printf "What is the id of the patient getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
ZIPGREP(1L)															       ZIPGREP(1L)

NAME
zipgrep - search files in a ZIP archive for lines matching a pattern SYNOPSIS
zipgrep [egrep_options] pattern file[.zip] [file(s) ...] [-x xfile(s) ...] DESCRIPTION
zipgrep will search files within a ZIP archive for lines matching the given string or pattern. zipgrep is a shell script and requires egrep(1) and unzip(1L) to function. Its output is identical to that of egrep(1). ARGUMENTS
pattern The pattern to be located within a ZIP archive. Any string or regular expression accepted by egrep(1) may be used. file[.zip] Path of the ZIP archive. (Wildcard expressions for the ZIP archive name are not supported.) If the literal filename is not found, the suffix .zip is appended. Note that self-extracting ZIP files are supported, as with any other ZIP archive; just specify the .exe suffix (if any) explicitly. [file(s)] An optional list of archive members to be processed, separated by spaces. If no member files are specified, all members of the ZIP archive are searched. Regular expressions (wildcards) may be used to match multiple members: * matches a sequence of 0 or more characters ? matches exactly 1 character [...] matches any single character found inside the brackets; ranges are specified by a beginning character, a hyphen, and an end- ing character. If an exclamation point or a caret (`!' or `^') follows the left bracket, then the range of characters within the brackets is complemented (that is, anything except the characters inside the brackets is considered a match). (Be sure to quote any character that might otherwise be interpreted or modified by the operating system.) [-x xfile(s)] An optional list of archive members to be excluded from processing. Since wildcard characters match directory separators (`/'), this option may be used to exclude any files that are in subdirectories. For example, ``zipgrep grumpy foo *.[ch] -x */*'' would search for the string ``grumpy'' in all C source files in the main directory of the ``foo'' archive, but none in any subdirectories. Without the -x option, all C source files in all directories within the zipfile would be searched. OPTIONS
All options prior to the ZIP archive filename are passed to egrep(1). SEE ALSO
egrep(1), unzip(1L), zip(1L), funzip(1L), zipcloak(1L), zipinfo(1L), zipnote(1L), zipsplit(1L) URL
The Info-ZIP home page is currently at http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ or ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/ . AUTHORS
zipgrep was written by Jean-loup Gailly. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWunzip | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for unzip is available on http://opensolaris.org. Info-ZIP 28 November 2007 ZIPGREP(1L)