Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed problem any on help
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sed problem any on help Post 302137663 by Ehab on Wednesday 26th of September 2007 07:23:02 AM
Old 09-26-2007
Thank Every Body

the problem solved

thanks every body

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Problem

I AM TRYING TO APPEND THE HOSTNAME OF A UNIX SERVER I WORK WITH SO I COULD DO A LOADING INTO A DATABASE. THE COMMAND I AM USING IS df -k | sed 's/^/dataserver /' What I intend to do is append the hostname dynamically by using the hostname command instead of having to manually enter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chelsea
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sed

Hi , echo "07/05/2008" | sed 's/\(..\)\/\(..\)\/\(..\)/\3\2\1/' Output :: 20050708 Expected output is 20080507 Iam not getting the bug in this. Thanks for the help -- penchal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with SED

Hi, I have to use SED to remove the prefix "219-" from a text file containing phone numbers and I have to remove the ":" as well. I write the following code but it does not seem to work. Can someone help me please? mohit@mohit-desktop:~$ sed -n s/219-/" "/p corp_phones_bak > noprefix1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sed.

Hi All! I am trying to use shell variables in a sed statement, but facing an error.I used the double quotes instead if single quotes in the sed statement. # sed -i -e "s/password/$decoded/g;" $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml sed: -e expression #1, char 11: unterminated `s' command # ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Problem

I have a file which contain many lines see below. "/var/www/abc>" I want to remove Both of these values "" and > (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Problem

I have a file with a lot of numbers in it and I need to clean it up and make it look nice and proper. I found this little gem of a one-liner and basically understand what it is doing but I would like to further understand what each part of the command is doing. Being a newb, I am just trying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genedc1
2 Replies

7. Programming

sed problem

Hi all In input file I have records like this: 0,1,0,87,0,0,"6,87","170,03",0,"43,5",0,0,0,0,"6,87","126,53"and in output file I need that these records transforms in : 0 1 0 87 0 0 6,87 170,03 0 43,5 0 0 0 0 6,87 126,53 Could you help me in this case? Please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizik
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem

Hi i am stuck with a very silly problem :mad: below is my code echo 201010_1212_121.xml i need to replace xml with csv so i did echo 201010_1212_121.xml | sed 's/.*\.xml/.*\.csv/' echo 201010_1212_121.xml | sed 's/*.xml/*.csv/' echo 201010_1212_121.xml |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed problem

Hi Folks, I want to replace these numbers with words as the following: $echo 1 11 223 I want to replace each number with it name (e.g. "1" replaced with "one", etc.) just to determine how sed works in such case. Thanks in advance:). Leo (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies
smfi_replacebody(3N)													      smfi_replacebody(3N)

NAME
smfi_replacebody() - replaces the data in the sendmail message body SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
ctx Specifies the opaque context structure. bodyp Specifies a pointer to the start of the new body data, which does not have to be null-terminated. If bodyp is set to NULL, the length of the body is considered to be 0 (zero). The body data must be in CR or LF form. bodylen Specifies the number of data bytes pointed by bodyp. DESCRIPTION
replaces the body of the current message. can be called only from the routine and can be called more than once. When is called more than once, the subsequent calls append data to the new body of the message. Notes o As the message body may be very large, setting may significantly affect filter performance. o If a filter sets but does not call the original body remains unchanged. o The filter order is important for the routine. Filters placed later in the sequence will observe the changes RETURN VALUE
fails and returns due to the following reasons: o The value of bodyp is equal to NULL and the value of bodylen is greater than 0. o Changing the body in the current connection state is invalid. o Network error occurs. o The is not set when the function is called. AUTHOR
was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_chgheader(3N), smfi_insheader(3N), smfi_addrcpt(3N), smfi_addheader(3N), smfi_delrcpt(3N). on smfi_replacebody(3N)