Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gnome desktop crash log
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Gnome desktop crash log Post 302137661 by bache_gowda on Wednesday 26th of September 2007 07:11:24 AM
Old 09-26-2007
Gnome desktop crash log

Hi All,

When ever gnome desktop crashes, is it write errors to any log files? if yes please let me know log file name and path for the same.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards
Bachegowda

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Umask, in Desktop(gnome)

I want user, have umask 007, i just add in .bashrc and working, but our user using GDM for login, so I just add umask in /etc/profile. Is ther other way to put umask than in /etc/profile if using GDM? How to make .bash_profile with our define(default with my setting). Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blesets
1 Replies

2. SuSE

SLED 10.2 Default gnome desktop generation

Hi! Does anyone know where to alter the default gnome setup that SLED 10.2 does? I work for a big company and we have a huge issue with SLED adding the "main-menu" gnome panel applet thingie.... /opt/gnome/lib/gnome-main-menu/main-menu Is there any way to exchange this process for ex the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Persistent Security Banner on Gnome Desktop

I'm looking for options for displaying a persistent, security banner on a Solaris 10 workstation running JDS that would display at the top of each workspace for all users, have the option to change the color and the capability to add text to the banner. The company I work for has used JEDI for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArizonaTraveler
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to collect log files in case of server crash

Environmnet: HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 RDBMS: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production Question: When server hangs or node evicts, we open up tickets with Oracle Support and Oracle Support ask for some list of log files. Currently we can not use the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

GNOME Desktop - Setting missing from dconf-editor?

Hello All, Last night I installed OpenSuSE 12.1 (i586) on a HP Mini 110 laptop. And I selected GNOME as my Desktop during install... So I was trying to customize some things about the desktop, for example adding the Maximize/Minimize/Close options to the titlebar of a window. I did this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to get a Xterm or X app to appear under a Linux Gnome Desktop

I want to have a xterm or xapplication from a Solaris client to appear on my RHEL Server running GNOME desktop. It may sound easy at first but, I have done the basics and I be stuck. Have Tried: Linux - logged in as root, open a Terminal and did a echo $DISPLAY and it reports back :0.0 I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
7 Replies
gnome-desktop-item-edit(1)					   User Commands					gnome-desktop-item-edit(1)

NAME
gnome-desktop-item-edit - GNOME Desktop file editor SYNOPSIS
gnome-desktop-item-edit [--create-new] filename DESCRIPTION
gnome-desktop-item-edit is the GNOME Desktop file editor, which you can use to create or edit the .desktop (known as desktop) file. GNOME uses a standard desktop file specification as proposed by freedesktop.org. A desktop file consists of a number of name-value pairs that define how a desktop should organize a particular application. As this is defined as an open standard, integration of applications into GNOME Desktop is relatively straightforward. A basic entry in the desktop file must start with a tag called [Desktop Entry]. It can then have a number of name-value pairs as defined by the standard. The minimum entries are as follows: Name the name of the application Comment a textual description of the application which is displayed as a tooltip message by gnome-panel. When set appropri- ately, the comment can be localized within the same file. Exec the name of the actual executable Icon the file name of the icon image Type the desktop file type Categories a multi-string field which is used by gnome-panel to group applications into the appropriate categories. These desktop files provide the information to gnome-panel, which places the application in the appropriate locations on the panel. In a similar manner, the GNOME file manager (Nautilus) uses information from the desktop files to display the 'applications:///' view. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --create-new Creates a new .desktop file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the desktop file to be edited or viewed. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Editing an existing .desktop file example% gnome-desktop-item-edit fullpath/filename This command invokes the launcher dialog and loads the contents of the specified desktop file into the relevant fields. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-desktop-item-edit Executable for GNOME Desktop file editor /usr/share/applications/ Location of system desktop files ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-panel(1), nautilus(1), attributes(5) Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Ghee Teo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2003 gnome-desktop-item-edit(1)