Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users du -k shows different size in two nodes Post 302137603 by porter on Tuesday 25th of September 2007 11:16:56 PM
Old 09-26-2007
So

(a) you have all the files

(b) the file byte lengths are correct.

I would count that as success.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-nodes

first off, i am new to unix so please bear with me. i was reading somewhere that if your i-nodes get critical that it can slow your network down. what are i-nodes and when do they become a critical number? this is what mine states: / (/dev/root ): 777058 blocks 569290 i-nodes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nodes

how do you list all the nodes in unix :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamisi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic link to an empty file shows size 2

Hi, I have created an empty file and a symbolic link to a file. But when I issue the following commands, I am getting the output 2. stat -c "%s" linkfile du -hb linkfile Why this is happening? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

request more nodes

I am new to cluster commands. But I have tried utilizing: -pe, but I do not know my parallel computing environment. We are running SGE, is there a simpler command to request more nodes? also: qsub -N auto -M name@email.com -m abe auto.sh does not email me at all. Help would be appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
0 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

showq shows less active nodes as normal

Hi, I am new in system administration. I observe that some nodes in our cluster are not considered as active by showq: 22 active jobs 217 of 257 processors in use by local jobs (84.44%) 15 of 17 nodes active (88.24%) but then I try to log into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: armando_2011
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp shows size variation

Hi i have folder of 26 GB on server A and want to copy to server B .i used the below commands to check file size and scp copy du -h /folder : its shows 26G on server A from server B: scp -r user@serverA:/folder/* ./copying got initiated and i am checking the file size on server B... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One service, two nodes, HA

Hi all. I have two nodes taken different places. They are connected together on a network. So, i have a service, it works on one of nodes and when the node is unavailable the service should will be launched on other node. Solution: rhel cluster, keepalive, hearbeat...may be Carp but what if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flomaster
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate nodes

Hi all, I have a list of node pairs separated with a comma and also, associated with their respective values. For example: b0015,b1224 1.1 b0015,b2576 1.4 b0015,b3162 2.5 b0528,b1086 1.7 b0528,b1269 5.4 b0528,b3602 2.1 b0948,b2581 3.2 b1224,b0015 1.1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Proliferate commands across nodes?

Hi folks. I've been a developer for far too many years, but know very little of unix. I have setup a very inexpensive cluster of 6 raspberry pi nodes so I can play around with multi node programming. This is only for fun, but I want to learn properly, else what's the point?! Setup can be a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
4 Replies
size(1) 							   User Commands							   size(1)

NAME
size - print section sizes in bytes of object files SYNOPSIS
size [-f] [-F] [-n] [-o] [-V] [-x] filename... DESCRIPTION
The size command produces segment or section size information in bytes for each loaded section in ELF object files. size prints out the size of the text, data, and bss (uninitialized data) segments (or sections) and their total. size processes ELF object files entered on the command line. If an archive file is input to the size command, the information for each object file in the archive is displayed. When calculating segment information, the size command prints out the total file size of the non-writable segments, the total file size of the writable segments, and the total memory size of the writable segments minus the total file size of the writable segments. If it cannot calculate segment information, size calculates section information. When calculating section information, it prints out the total size of sections that are allocatable, non-writable, and not NOBITS, the total size of the sections that are allocatable, writable, and not NOBITS, and the total size of the writable sections of type NOBITS. NOBITS sections do not actually take up space in the filename. If size cannot calculate either segment or section information, it prints an error message and stops processing the file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f Prints out the size of each allocatable section, the name of the section, and the total of the section sizes. If there is no sec- tion data, size prints out an error message and stops processing the file. -F Prints out the size of each loadable segment, the permission flags of the segment, then the total of the loadable segment sizes. If there is no segment data, size prints an error message and stops processing the file. -n Prints out non-loadable segment or non-allocatable section sizes. If segment data exists, size prints out the memory size of each loadable segment or file size of each non-loadable segment, the permission flags, and the total size of the segments. If there is no segment data, size prints out, for each allocatable and non-allocatable section, the memory size, the section name, and the total size of the sections. If there is no segment or section data, size prints an error message and stops processing. -o Prints numbers in octal, not decimal. -V Prints the version information for the size command on the standard error output. -x Prints numbers in hexadecimal, not decimal. EXAMPLES
The examples below are typical size output. Example 1: Producing size information example% size filename 2724 + 88 + 0 = 2812 Example 2: Producing allocatable section size information example% size -f filename 26(.text) + 5(.init) + 5(.fini) = 36 Example 3: Producing loadable segment size information example% size -F filename 2724(r-x) + 88(rwx) + 0(rwx) = 2812 ... (If statically linked) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbtool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
as(1), cc(1B), ld(1), ar.h(3HEAD), a.out(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Since the size of bss sections is not known until link-edit time, the size command will not give the true total size of pre-linked objects. SunOS 5.10 16 Oct 1996 size(1)