Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Error upon completion of ddcommand Post 302137583 by sunsear24 on Tuesday 25th of September 2007 10:14:55 PM
Old 09-25-2007
Error upon completion of ddcommand

I'm quite new to HP-UX. I got an SSD which fits physically to my system. However, it just doesn't function as a bootable disk.

I can format the drive but I am getting I/O errors when I complete the ddcommand. The error is as follows:

I/O Error
1960+1 records in
1961+0 records out

Any idea causes this error?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar error after backup completion

After perfomring a remote backup from HP-UX to a SUN, it prompt the following error. Can you please advise what does this error means? How to retify this error? "dd: unexpected short write, wrote 0 bytes, expected 10240 205802517+126 records in 10290129+0 records out" The command used is ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file name completion

I'ld like to enable file name completion in ksh88 on AIX 5.2. My terminal is set to xterm. I've set the shell editor to emacs and ampped the arrow keys. Is there a way to map the tab key to a command like ESC= or any other file name completion command in emacvs that I may be not aware of since I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

line completion in vim

how we achive line completion and word completion in vim editor? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring SCP for completion

I have several servers, A, B, & C that run various routines then scp the results to server X. On X I then have to do some data manipulation with the received files before sending the files on to another location. Because of policy here I cannot pull the files from servers A, B & C, but have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash completion

hello, I have been trying for a couple days to figure this out to no avail. I am converting some csh code to bash. I have converted everything except the completion code. #bashrc (I set this alias in my bashrc) alias test='source ${PATH}/test.sh' #${PATH}/test.sh (returns some aliases and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platypuus
0 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

TAB completion in cygwin

Hi there, I ve been using cygwin for some time now without any problems. However, recently I ve mapped a new drive on Windows and are now having problems with TAB completion for awk scripts in cygwin on this newly mapped drive (cygdrive t). I can access and run all files but cygwin doesn't do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommes
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Background Process Completion

I have my unix machine configured to run locate.updatedb on login in the background and after it completes, when I run a command such as ls-- the console returns the results of ls and + Done sudo /usr/libexec/locate.updatedbIs there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

inotifywait to wait until completion

Hi, I am using inotifywait to monitor a directory where files are being transferred into. I want inotifywait to tell me when a file has been completely transferred not just part of it. I tried "create", "close" and "close_write" but it seems that inotifywait always gets triggered even if the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jejeking
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying the file completion

Hi, A script is running for multiple databases so data is also being populated for multiple DBs in a.txt file. I need to rename this file once all the data is populated. Kindly suggest me How can I check once file is populated completely before renaming? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash-Completion, an example

Hello I've followed several bash-completion threads, usualy none were answered, because of obvious reasons. (of which i'm just aware since a day or a few) Non-the-less, because i was writing scripts, i never considered it to be possible to add this functionality. Also, because i though that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies
runacct(1M)															       runacct(1M)

NAME
runacct - run daily accounting SYNOPSIS
[mmdd[state]] DESCRIPTION
runacct is the main daily accounting shell procedure. It is normally initiated via cron(1M). runacct processes connect, fee, disk, and process accounting files. It also prepares summary files for prdaily or billing purposes. runacct takes care not to damage active accounting files or summary files in the event of errors. It records its progress by writing descriptive diagnostic messages into When an error is detected, a message is written to mail (see mail(1), mailx(1), or elm(1)) is sent to and and runacct terminates. runacct uses a series of lock files to protect against re-invocation. The files and are used to prevent simultaneous invocation, and is used to prevent more than one invocation per day. runacct breaks its processing into separate, restartable states using to remember the last state completed. It accomplishes this by writ- ing the state name into runacct then looks in to see what it has done and to determine what to process next. states are executed in the following order: Move active accounting files into working files. Verify integrity of file, correcting date changes if necessary. Produce connect session records in format. Convert process accounting records into format. Merge the connect and process accounting records. Convert output of chargefee into format and merge with connect and process accounting records. Merge disk accounting records with connect, process, and fee accounting records. Merge the daily total accounting records in with the summary total accounting records in Produce command summaries. Any installation-dependent accounting programs can be included here. Cleanup temporary files and exit. To restart runacct after a failure, first check the file for diagnostics, then fix up any corrupted data files such as or The files and file must be removed before runacct can be restarted. The argument mmdd is necessary if runacct is being restarted, and specifies the month and day for which runacct will rerun the accounting. Entry point for processing is based on the contents of to override this, include the desired state on the command line to designate where processing should begin. EXAMPLES
To start runacct. To restart runacct. To restart runacct at a specific state. WARNINGS
Normally it is not a good idea to restart runacct in its state. Run manually, then restart via: If runacct failed in its state, remove the last file because it will not be complete. FILES
SEE ALSO
mail(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), cron(1M), fwtmp(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
runacct(1M)