Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users du -k shows different size in two nodes Post 302137573 by porter on Tuesday 25th of September 2007 09:49:53 PM
Old 09-25-2007
cluster size?

all you are interested in is the exact byte length of the file and possibly it's MD5 signature, the space on disk is much less of a concern.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-nodes

first off, i am new to unix so please bear with me. i was reading somewhere that if your i-nodes get critical that it can slow your network down. what are i-nodes and when do they become a critical number? this is what mine states: / (/dev/root ): 777058 blocks 569290 i-nodes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nodes

how do you list all the nodes in unix :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamisi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic link to an empty file shows size 2

Hi, I have created an empty file and a symbolic link to a file. But when I issue the following commands, I am getting the output 2. stat -c "%s" linkfile du -hb linkfile Why this is happening? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

request more nodes

I am new to cluster commands. But I have tried utilizing: -pe, but I do not know my parallel computing environment. We are running SGE, is there a simpler command to request more nodes? also: qsub -N auto -M name@email.com -m abe auto.sh does not email me at all. Help would be appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
0 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

showq shows less active nodes as normal

Hi, I am new in system administration. I observe that some nodes in our cluster are not considered as active by showq: 22 active jobs 217 of 257 processors in use by local jobs (84.44%) 15 of 17 nodes active (88.24%) but then I try to log into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: armando_2011
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp shows size variation

Hi i have folder of 26 GB on server A and want to copy to server B .i used the below commands to check file size and scp copy du -h /folder : its shows 26G on server A from server B: scp -r user@serverA:/folder/* ./copying got initiated and i am checking the file size on server B... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One service, two nodes, HA

Hi all. I have two nodes taken different places. They are connected together on a network. So, i have a service, it works on one of nodes and when the node is unavailable the service should will be launched on other node. Solution: rhel cluster, keepalive, hearbeat...may be Carp but what if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flomaster
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate nodes

Hi all, I have a list of node pairs separated with a comma and also, associated with their respective values. For example: b0015,b1224 1.1 b0015,b2576 1.4 b0015,b3162 2.5 b0528,b1086 1.7 b0528,b1269 5.4 b0528,b3602 2.1 b0948,b2581 3.2 b1224,b0015 1.1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Proliferate commands across nodes?

Hi folks. I've been a developer for far too many years, but know very little of unix. I have setup a very inexpensive cluster of 6 raspberry pi nodes so I can play around with multi node programming. This is only for fun, but I want to learn properly, else what's the point?! Setup can be a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
4 Replies
md5(3EXT)						    Extended Library Functions							 md5(3EXT)

NAME
md5, md5_calc, MD5Init, MD5Update, MD5Final - MD5 digest functions SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lmd5 [ library ... ] #include <md5.h> void md5_calc(unsigned char *output, unsigned char *input, unsigned int inlen); void MD5Init(MD5_CTX *context); void MD5Update(MD5_CTX *context, unsigned char *input, unsigned int inlen); void MD5Final(unsigned char *output, MD5_CTX *context); DESCRIPTION
These functions implement the MD5 message-digest algorithm, which takes as input a message of arbitrary length and produces as output a 128-bit "fingerprint" or "message digest" of the input. It is intended for digital signature applications, where large file must be "com- pressed" in a secure manner before being encrypted with a private (secret) key under a public-key cryptosystem such as RSA. md5_calc() The md5_calc() function computes an MD5 digest on a single message block. The inlen-byte block is pointed to by input, and the 16-byte MD5 digest is written to output. MD5Init(), MD5Update(), MD5Final() The MD5Init(), MD5Update(), and MD5Final() functions allow an MD5 digest to be computed over multiple message blocks; between blocks, the state of the MD5 computation is held in an MD5 context structure, allocated by the caller. A complete digest computation consists of one call to MD5Init(), one or more calls to MD5Update(), and one call to MD5Final(), in that order. The MD5Init() function initializes the MD5 context structure pointed to by context. The MD5Update() function computes a partial MD5 digest on the inlen-byte message block pointed to by input, and updates the MD5 context structure pointed to by context accordingly. The MD5Final() function generates the final MD5 digest, using the MD5 context structure pointed to by context; the 16-byte MD5 digest is written to output. After calling MD5Final(), the state of the context structure is undefined; it must be reinitialized with MD5Init() before being used again. RETURN VALUES
These functions do not return a value. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Authenticate a message found in multiple buffers The following is a sample function that must authenticate a message that is found in multiple buffers. The calling function provides an authentication buffer that will contain the result of the MD5 digest. int AuthenticateMsg(unsigned char *auth_buffer, struct iovec *messageIov, unsigned int num_buffers) { MD5_CTX md5_context; unsigned int i; MD5Init(&md5_context); for(i=0, i<num_buffers; i++ { MD5Update(&md5_context, messageIov->iov_base, messageIov->iov_len); messageIov += sizeof(struct iovec); } MD5Final(auth_buffer, &md5_context); return 0; } Example 2: Use md5_calc() to generate the MD5 digest Since the buffer to be computed is contiguous, the md5_calc() function can be used to generate the MD5 digest. int AuthenticateMsg(unsigned char *auth_buffer, unsigned char *buffer, unsigned int length) { md5_calc(buffer, auth_buffer, length); return(0); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libmd5(3LIB) Rivest, R., The MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm, RFC 1321, April 1992. SunOS 5.10 20 Sep 2001 md5(3EXT)