Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quad Ethernet
Operating Systems Solaris Quad Ethernet Post 302137539 by hshapiro on Tuesday 25th of September 2007 02:32:47 PM
Old 09-25-2007
Quad Ethernet

There is an option to set the MAC addresses to different values. Currently, I have that options set. The default is to have them the same.

As far as the OS knowing, I do not know the answer to that. That is why I am posting here, to find out the answers. HP can team interfaces together on their cards for Windows OS machines.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Quad Fast Ethernet Card on Sparc 10?

I am having a problem getting my configuration to stick. After I installed my quad-card I did the following: 1. created hostname.qe0, hostname.qe1, hostname.qe2, hostname.qe3 files in my /etc directory. 2. In my /etc/hosts file I added the ip address of each interface and the name for each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
7 Replies

2. BSD

Quad Booting...

Ok so currently I have XP and Slack booting on my laptop, the next two goals will be FreeBSD and Windows Server 2003, in that order (though I may need to start over and do server before unix/linux. Either way, how I got linux interacting nicely with XP was via this link: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jboswell
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Quad or Duel Processors

Which hardware configuration gives you the best though put for processing? 1.) Quad CPU at 2 GHZ 2.) Dual CPU at 3 GHZ and More Memory. We currently have setup #1, I want to upgrade the server and I am investigating hardware configurations. Wanted to know if set #1 gives better though put... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfmurphy_6
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gar stupid quad booting

well running win xp home win xp pro and linux suse 10 about to install freebsd 5.1 just wondering what problems :mad: im gonna have and any handy tips :rolleyes: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lord_of_pie
0 Replies

5. Solaris

quad card configuration

Hi Group, I Have just installed quad card in my V440 machine, I am facing problem I cn just ping its ce0 card only rest of the cards are not ping able, here is details of my machine. ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameergrover
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

how can i know this processor quad or dual core ?

hi every body i want to know if i have server with hp-ux os if i did "machinfo" i will see no of cpu = for example 16 how can i know this is dual or quad core . thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
2 Replies

7. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Check Memory if Single/Dual/Quad Rank

What command in redhat linux to know your memory if it is single, dual or quad rank. Anyone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
2 Replies
HME(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    HME(4)

NAME
hme -- Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ Ethernet interfaces device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device hme Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_hme_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The hme driver supports Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ ``Happy Meal Ethernet'' Fast Ethernet interfaces. All controllers supported by the hme driver have TCP checksum offload capability for both receive and transmit, support for the reception and transmission of extended frames for vlan(4) and a 128-bit multicast hash filter. HARDWARE
The hme driver supports the on-board Ethernet interfaces of many Sun UltraSPARC workstation and server models. Cards supported by the hme driver include: o Sun PCI SunSwift Adapter (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus SunSwift Adapter (``hme'' and ``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Sun100BaseT Adapter 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus Sun100BaseT 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') o Sun SBus Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') NOTES
On sparc64 the hme driver respects the local-mac-address? system configuration variable which can be set in the Open Firmware boot monitor using the setenv command or by eeprom(8). If set to ``false'' (the default), the hme driver will use the system's default MAC address for all of its devices. If set to ``true'', the unique MAC address of each interface is used if present rather than the system's default MAC address. Supported interfaces having their own MAC address include on-board versions on boards equipped with more than one Ethernet interface and all add-on cards except the single-port SBus versions. SEE ALSO
altq(4), intro(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), vlan(4), eeprom(8), ifconfig(8) Sun Microelectronics, STP2002QFP Fast Ethernet, Parallel Port, SCSI (FEPS) User's Guide, http://mediacast.sun.com/users/Barton808/media/STP2002QFP-FEPs_UG.pdf, April 1996. HISTORY
The hme driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. The first FreeBSD version to include it was FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The hme driver was written by Paul Kranenburg <pk@NetBSD.org>. BSD
June 14, 2009 BSD