Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search and replace the whole line Post 302137530 by radoulov on Tuesday 25th of September 2007 01:36:54 PM
Old 09-25-2007
OK,
use this:

Code:
cp your_file your_file.orig

nawk '{
	if(!(checked)&&($0~/SOURCEFILE=\/usr\/platform\/sun4v\/driver\/file.cfg/)){
		print "#"$0
		sub(/4v/,"4x")
		checked=1
		print 
	}else{
		print
		}
}' your_file>new_file

mv new_file your_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace in next line

Hello, I am hoping someone can provide some guidance on using context based search and replace to search for a pattern and then do a search and replace in the line that follows it. For example, I have a file that looks like this: <bold>bold text </italic> somecontent morecontent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charissaf67
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for a string ,replace the whole line with new line

hai i am very new to unix. i am having two files like this. first.properties cache.ZA.TL_CCY=SELECT trim(CCY_CODE)||trim(COUNTRY_CODE)||trim(CITY_CODE) AS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and replace the whole line

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have to find a pattern in a file and comment the whole line containing the search pattern. Any ideas in shell is welcome. Thanks in advance, Regards, Arun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search Parameter in first line and replace next line content

Hi, I need help. I have XML file as below &lt;a n=&quot;infoLevel&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;true&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; &lt;a n=&quot;localAddr&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;server.host.com&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; &lt;a n=&quot;ListenPort&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;21111&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; I need to find variable "ListenPort" in line and then replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdtrivedi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-Line Search and Replace

There appears to be several threads that touch on what I'm trying to do, but nothing quite generic enough. What I need to do is search through many (poorly coded) HTML files and make changes. The catch is that my search string may be on one line or may be on several lines. For example there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bisbell
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace a line in perl

Hi All, i can replace a perticular value in sentence using perl. perl -pi -e 's/old/new/' sample.txt but i am not able to replace whole string by perl. file1 contains "jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.147.109.211)(PORT=1526))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID= MWDBD22)))". i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text and replace line next to it

I have a file which requires modification via a shell script. Need to do the following: 0. take input from user for new text. 1. search for a keyword in the file. 2. replace the line next to this to this keyword with user supplied input. for e.g., my file has the following text: (some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chingupt
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple line search, replace second line, using awk or sed

All, I appreciate any help you can offer here as this is well beyond my grasp of awk/sed... I have an input file similar to: &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021855/--F" &LOG &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021852/--F" &LOG Cloning_Action: RETAIN &LOG Part: "@DB/TCCP000010713/--A" &LOG &LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarmaPoliceT2
5 Replies
VIEW-OS(1)						      General Commands Manual							VIEW-OS(1)

NAME
vuname - print view information SYNOPSIS
vuname [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Print certain view information. With no OPTION, same as -s. OPTIONS
-a, --all print all information, in the following order, except omit -p and -i if unknown. -s, --kernel-name print the kernel name -n, --nodename print the network node hostname -r, --kernel-release print the kernel release -v, --kernel-version print the kernel version -m, --machine print the machine hardware name -p, --processor print the processor type or "unknown" -i, --hardware-platform print the hardware platform or "unknown" -o, --operating-system print the operating system -U, --serverid print the view-os server id -V, --viewid print the view id -N, --viewname print the view name -x, --nouname do not use uname (without this flag the command behaves like uname when it runs on a non View-OS enabled environment). -q, --quiet quiet mode: error messages suppressed --help display a help message and exit --version output version information and exit SEE ALSO
umview(1),uname(1) AUTHORS
View-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli. <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/view-os> Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>. VIEW-OS: a process with a view June 11, 2007 VIEW-OS(1)