Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change from address in mailx
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change from address in mailx Post 302137468 by koti_rama on Tuesday 25th of September 2007 07:30:46 AM
Old 09-25-2007
change from address in mailx

Hi,
i am sending mails regulary for updation of data.

The from addresses dispaly like
POP.RECH@skk182.com

i want display like

oracle@skk182.com

can u help me on this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx sender address customisation

Hi All, I'm on UNIX -Solaris... I'm trying to send mail usin Mailx..... The script is working fine and attachments are also being sent.... BUT, when I receive the mail,, the sender address shown is the unix login id name.... Any way by which I could manipulate this in my script command or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasan_srini
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx- can we change the from address in the email that is sent out.

Hello, Is there anyway to change the from address in the email sent using mailx command? I have the following command: mailx -s $subject xxx@xxxx.com < $mail_mesg This defaults to the following format "acctname@usserver.companyname.com" as the from address in the email. Problem is this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using mailx to send in the future? Also change "from" address?

Hey, I've got a script using mailx to send an email to the user, but i'd like it if I could have it send the email sometime in the future, not right away. And by future, i mean like 1 minute in the future. And I don't want it to halt the script in anyway. Perhaps there's a way to have it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify email address using mailx command ?

Is there any way i can verify the email address (before sending the mail) using the mailx command ? I know that sendmail -bv email@address.com can do it but there is a compatibility issues with the version of Unix we have. So mailx is the only command we can used at this point. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rak007
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx -s not sending the file to mail address

Hi All, OS:Red Hat Linux 4 86x64 Below is my shell script which is not sending mail to the mail recipient: #!/bin/bash export MAILLIST="xyz@yahoo.com" cd <path_to_the_script_perf_report.sql> sqlplus / as sysdba @perf_report.sql if then cat <path_to_the_script/*MONTHLY*REPORT*.lst... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
6 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

mailx to external email address

Hi, How can I use "mailx" command to send message to an email address like this? echo "This email body" | mailx -s "my subject" "email@hostname.com" There may be some setup required in sendmail or postfix?? OS = Snow Leopard 10.6 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FlyingSquirrel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing from address in mailx command

Currently I am using mailx command for sending mails. But the mail is sent as from userid@servername by default. Is it possible to customise the from mail address in mailx command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx options to change from address

hi, I had a request to change the from email address while sending the email to the users. Current From email address : pepsimanufacturer@pepsi.com Requested From Email Adreess: manucturer@pepsi.com Any idea how the from addres can be changed. ---------- Post updated at 06:42 AM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
icapnotify(1M)															    icapnotify(1M)

NAME
icapnotify - Test email connectivity to HP for Instant Capacity (iCAP) systems. Request a confirmation response email from HP. Turn config- uration change notification and asset reporting on or off. SYNOPSIS
icapnotify <reply_address> icapnotify -a on|off icapnotify -n on|off Obsolescent: icod_notify <reply_address> icod_notify -a on|off icod_notify -n on|off DESCRIPTION
When a reply_address is specified, sends an asset report via email to HP, root, and the specified email address. Confirmation email is sent from HP to the specified reply email address indicating that HP received the asset report email. Note that asset reporting is optional but can be useful for viewing complexwide asset information at the HP Utility Pricing Solutions por- tal (http://www.hp.com/go/icap/portal). The deprecated command provides identical functionality to the command and is maintained for backward compatibility. For detailed information on email configuration and requirements, see the located at /usr/share/doc/icapUserGuide.pdf. Options The command recognizes these options and arguments: -a on|off Turns email asset reporting on or off. This option is used to specify if the Instant Capacity software should send asset reports to HP via email. The command displays the present setting for this option. -n on|off Turns configuration change notification on or off. If specified on, executing the command results in a configuration change notification email sent to the system contact email address summarizing any configuration change. Configuration change notification email can be turned off by specifying off. Configuration change notifications are not sent if the system contact email address is not set. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables o LANG determines the locale to use for the locale categories when both LC_ALL and the corresponding environment variable (begin- ning with LC_) do not specify a locale. If LANG is not set or is set to the empty string, a default of C is used (see lang(5)). o LC_CTYPE determines the interpretation of single- and multiple-byte characters. o LC_MESSAGES determines the language in which messages are displayed. If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, icapnotify behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to C (see environ(5)). International Code Set Support Single- and multiple-byte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
The command exits with one of these values: 0 Command succeeded. >0 Command failed; error message sent to STDERR. EXAMPLES
Test email connectivity with HP by sending an asset report to HP, root , and super_user@corp.com, and request a confirmation email from HP to be sent to super_user@corp.com: icapnotify super_user@corp.com Turn email asset reporting on: icapnotify -a on Turn email asset reporting off: icapnotify -a off Turn configuration change notification on: icapnotify -n on Turn configuration change notification off: icapnotify -n off AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
icapmodify(1M), icapstatus(1M), icapmanage(1M), icapd(1M), icap(5). icapnotify(1M)