Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mounting cd in solaris 5.8
Operating Systems Solaris mounting cd in solaris 5.8 Post 302137447 by scriptingmani on Tuesday 25th of September 2007 05:30:58 AM
Old 09-25-2007
Hi duke,

i got it working and now and now i am trying to tar up a folder on it to pass over the network using ftp. Will post this in a new thread

thanks for your help

Mani

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting CD-Rom with Solaris 8

Hello! I just completed a Solaris 8 installation. When I now insert a CD-Rom how do I mount the device? After I inserted the CD I changed into /cdrom but ist did not show the content of the CD. So, how do I mount the CD-Rom? I also tried to find some tipps on the internet but did not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fwurm
5 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting cdrom on Solaris 9

Here's some cmd output: bash-2.05# ls /dev/dsk/* /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s4 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s4 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s1 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s5 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s2 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s2 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s6 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting NAS Drive on solaris

Hi, Im running 32-bit solaris on sparc. We have a NAS(Network attached drive), with its IP address, username and password. I'd like to be able to mount it on the solaris machine, and unmount it. The best possibility would be able to mount it simulataneously on 2 or more systems. Please... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
9 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8 NFS mounting problem

While mounting nfs file system I get the following error . # mount -F nfs jewelex:/back2 /oback2 nfs mount: jewelex:/back2: Permission denied Following is the permission for oback2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root other 512 Apr 9 18:39 oback2 Directory permission on jewelex server is ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Mounting XP Drive in Solaris 10

Hi All, I'm a relative rookie when it comes to the world of Unix and Windows networking, and hoping you can help me out! My predicament: I have a Windows machine running VMWare with an instance of Solaris 10. I have a Windows XP Pro "server" with a large hard drive that I need Solaris to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiffy05
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting from Solaris to UNIX

Hi Frens, my requirement is to mount a folder from a Solaris 5.9 box to a UNIX box please let me know the procedure for same (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mounting filesystem twice on Solaris

Hello, In a shared storage environment is their anything to stop being able to mount the same filesystem on two hosts by accident, a flag being set or something on the storage? If it did happen would one of the hosts panic? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Mounting done only after reboot the machine in Solaris 9

Hi Team I am facing an issue on solaris machine as mounting a remote path is only done after reboot the machine. without rebooting its going to hanging state and no process either. i am using the following parameters for mounting NFS share.. mount -F nfs remote_path:/abc/ mount_point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Mounting UFS on Solaris 10 to Solaris 11

I have a Solaris 10 LDOM installed with UFS and another Solaris 11 LDOM with ZFS. I want to mount a folder on Solaris 10 to Solaris 11. I used the following: sudo mount -F ufs 10.1.1.44:/export/home/amandeep/workspace /home/amandeep/workspace/mounts/ldom5 and it errors out with: mount:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandeepgautam
7 Replies
volrmmount(1)							   User Commands						     volrmmount(1)

NAME
volrmmount - call rmmount to mount or unmount media SYNOPSIS
volrmmount [-i | -e] [name | nickname] volrmmount [-d] DESCRIPTION
The volrmmount utility calls rmmount(1M) to, in effect, simulate an insertion (-i) or an ejection (-e). Simulating an insertion often means that rmmount will mount the media. Conversely, simulating an ejection often means that rmmount will unmount the media. However, these actions can vary depending on the rmmount configuration and media type (see rmmount.conf(4)). For example, if you use the default /etc/rmmount.conf and insert a music CD, it will not be mounted. However, you can configure rmmount so that it calls workman whenever a music CD is inserted. This command allows you to override Volume Management's usual handling of media (see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i Simulates an insertion of the specified media by calling rmmount. -e Simulates an ejection of the specified media by calling rmmount. -d Displays the name of the default device for volrmmount to handle. This device is used if no name or nickname is supplied. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: name The name that Volume Management recognizes as the device's name. See volfs(7FS). nickname A shortened version of the device's name. Following is the list of recognized nicknames: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Nickname | Path | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd0 |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fd1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |diskette1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rdiskette1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy |/dev/rdiskette | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy0 |/dev/rdiskette0 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |floppy1 |/dev/rdiskette1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |cdrom0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |zip0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |jaz0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |rmdisk0 |/vol/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ/label | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the volrmmount command When Volume Management finds a floppy that contains a filesystem, it calls rmmount to mount it. If you wish to run tar(1) or cpio(1) on that floppy, it must first be unmounted. To unmount the floppy use: example% volrmmount -e floppy0 After volrmmount unmounts the floppy, if you wish to re-mount it (rather than ejecting it and reinserting it) use: example% volrmmount -i floppy0 Notice that if you are using a named floppy, you can use its name in place of floppy0. FILES
/dev/volctl Volume Management control port ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), eject(1), tar(1), rmmount(1M), vold(1M), rmmount.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) NOTES
Volume Management (vold) must be running to use this command. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2000 volrmmount(1)