Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scripts problem
Operating Systems HP-UX scripts problem Post 302137354 by porter on Monday 24th of September 2007 01:28:32 PM
Old 09-24-2007
Have all machines got the operating system installed? What version? Post results on "uname -a".

How are you talking to the machines? FTP is just for file transfer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with diff and tcl scripts freaking out unix

running solaris 2.5.1 on a sparc5, with less than 12 users runnign compilers, gui's, really not a heavy load on it however, sometimes, not always, when users run diff, or sdiff or a .tcl script, the computer locks up. One time right before everything froze, I noticed in top, that the sdiff process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts problem...

Hi, sprt.sh #!/bin/ksh ############################################################################### # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # # ------------------------------------------------------------------------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parola
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PHP scripts problem!

Hi, I've configured a server with Debian Etch 4.0. I followed these instructions: Install and Configure Apache2 with PHP5 and SSL Support in Debian Etch -- Debian Admin But when I try to launch a php script with phpinfo() in my browser, It showed me the download manager window.(i.e. wanna to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Problem-Processing multiple scripts

Hi All, I have four scripts to run. My 1st script will make script2 and script3 to run. I am setting a cron job for this script1 to run continuously. This script1 will check for 2 text files and based on the existance of those text files it will initiate the script2 and script3. Now my doubt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron and multiple scripts problem.

Hello All, I have 3 scripts namingly 1X 2X and 3X. I have one directory ABC created which contains some 40 sub directories. I have one input file in the below format.The input file resides in ABC directory. Inputfile format; subdirectoryname date subdirectoryname1 date subdirectoryname2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with ftp scripts and cron

Need some help / advice with the follow script... Basically i have an FTP server that connects to other ftp servers and sends and downloads files every few hours or so. There are 12 different accounts that all have 2 scripts each, one to send and one to receive. Below is an example send script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell performance problem with locating scripts

I am currently trying out MKS Toolkit C Shell, and I've no problems with it until I try add directories to PATH that are located on a network drive. When I do that, the shell performance slows down significantly and no longer runs fast. In fact, it takes seconds for something that should take... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Problem with Shell Scripts deleting text in files.

Me and a friend are working on a project, and We have to create a script that can go into a file, and replace all occurances of a certain expression/word/letter with another using Sed. It is designed to go through multiple tests replacing all these occurances, and we don't know what they will be so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Johnny2518
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem in running multiple scripts

hi all, I have 3 individual scripts to perform the task . 2nd script should run only after the 1st script and 3rd script must run only after first 2 scripts are executed successfully. i want to have a single script that calls all this 3 scripts .this single script should execute the 2nd script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in two scripts

I wrote one script it is showing wrong out but i wrote another script it is showing right out. I really don't know the difference. first-script-showing mistake. #!/bin/bash echo "Counting the Databases" countp1=`ps -ef |grep pmon |grep -v grep | wc -l` echo $countp1 #countp=3 if ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies
uname(2)							   System Calls 							  uname(2)

NAME
uname - get name of current operating system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/utsname.h> int uname(struct utsname *name); DESCRIPTION
The uname() function stores information identifying the current operating system in the structure pointed to by name. The uname() function uses the utsname structure, defined in <sys/utsname.h>, whose members include: char sysname[SYS_NMLN]; char nodename[SYS_NMLN]; char release[SYS_NMLN]; char version[SYS_NMLN]; char machine[SYS_NMLN]; The uname() function returns a null-terminated character string naming the current operating system in the character array sysname. Simi- larly, the nodename member contains the name by which the system is known on a communications network. The release and version members further identify the operating system. The machine member contains a standard name that identifies the hardware on which the operating sys- tem is running. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a non-negative value is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The uname() function will fail if: EFAULT The name argument points to an illegal address. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uname(1), sysinfo(2), sysconf(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 21 Jul 1999 uname(2)