Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scripts problem
Operating Systems HP-UX scripts problem Post 302137347 by Asheley Ryan on Monday 24th of September 2007 12:37:04 PM
Old 09-24-2007
Power scripts problem

Hi, the only experience I have with Unix is on C360 workstations using 10.20 and Omniback II to restore email with HP Openmail. I have four brand new machines that I am installing the OS and software on, however, their are scripts that were written specifically for our tape process that I have gotten onto a new machine via FTP, but when I try to use them, they don't work. Can anyone help me understand why not??

Thank you! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with diff and tcl scripts freaking out unix

running solaris 2.5.1 on a sparc5, with less than 12 users runnign compilers, gui's, really not a heavy load on it however, sometimes, not always, when users run diff, or sdiff or a .tcl script, the computer locks up. One time right before everything froze, I noticed in top, that the sdiff process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts problem...

Hi, sprt.sh #!/bin/ksh ############################################################################### # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # # ------------------------------------------------------------------------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parola
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PHP scripts problem!

Hi, I've configured a server with Debian Etch 4.0. I followed these instructions: Install and Configure Apache2 with PHP5 and SSL Support in Debian Etch -- Debian Admin But when I try to launch a php script with phpinfo() in my browser, It showed me the download manager window.(i.e. wanna to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Problem-Processing multiple scripts

Hi All, I have four scripts to run. My 1st script will make script2 and script3 to run. I am setting a cron job for this script1 to run continuously. This script1 will check for 2 text files and based on the existance of those text files it will initiate the script2 and script3. Now my doubt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron and multiple scripts problem.

Hello All, I have 3 scripts namingly 1X 2X and 3X. I have one directory ABC created which contains some 40 sub directories. I have one input file in the below format.The input file resides in ABC directory. Inputfile format; subdirectoryname date subdirectoryname1 date subdirectoryname2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with ftp scripts and cron

Need some help / advice with the follow script... Basically i have an FTP server that connects to other ftp servers and sends and downloads files every few hours or so. There are 12 different accounts that all have 2 scripts each, one to send and one to receive. Below is an example send script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell performance problem with locating scripts

I am currently trying out MKS Toolkit C Shell, and I've no problems with it until I try add directories to PATH that are located on a network drive. When I do that, the shell performance slows down significantly and no longer runs fast. In fact, it takes seconds for something that should take... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Problem with Shell Scripts deleting text in files.

Me and a friend are working on a project, and We have to create a script that can go into a file, and replace all occurances of a certain expression/word/letter with another using Sed. It is designed to go through multiple tests replacing all these occurances, and we don't know what they will be so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Johnny2518
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem in running multiple scripts

hi all, I have 3 individual scripts to perform the task . 2nd script should run only after the 1st script and 3rd script must run only after first 2 scripts are executed successfully. i want to have a single script that calls all this 3 scripts .this single script should execute the 2nd script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in two scripts

I wrote one script it is showing wrong out but i wrote another script it is showing right out. I really don't know the difference. first-script-showing mistake. #!/bin/bash echo "Counting the Databases" countp1=`ps -ef |grep pmon |grep -v grep | wc -l` echo $countp1 #countp=3 if ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies
RESTOR(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 RESTOR(8)

NAME
restor - incremental file system restore SYNOPSIS
restor key [ argument ... ] DESCRIPTION
Restor is used to read magtapes dumped with the dump command. The key specifies what is to be done. Key is one of the characters rRxt optionally combined with f. f Use the first argument as the name of the tape instead of the default. r or R The tape is read and loaded into the file system specified in argument. This should not be done lightly (see below). If the key is R restor asks which tape of a multi volume set to start on. This allows restor to be interrupted and then restarted (an icheck -s must be done before restarting ). x Each file on the tape named by an argument is extracted. The file name has all `mount' prefixes removed; for example, /usr/bin/lpr is named /bin/lpr on the tape. The file extracted is placed in a file with a numeric name supplied by restor (actually the inode number). In order to keep the amount of tape read to a minimum, the following procedure is recommended: Mount volume 1 of the set of dump tapes. Type the restor command. Restor will announce whether or not it found the files, give the number it will name the file, and rewind the tape. It then asks you to `mount the desired tape volume'. Type the number of the volume you choose. On a multivolume dump the recom- mended procedure is to mount the last through the first volume in that order. Restor checks to see if any of the files requested are on the mounted tape (or a later tape, thus the reverse order) and doesn't read through the tape if no files are. If you are working with a single volume dump or the number of files being restored is large, respond to the query with `1' and restor will read the tapes in sequential order. If you have a hierarchy to restore you can use dumpdir(8) to produce the list of names and a shell script to move the resulting files to their homes. t Print the date the tape was written and the date the file system was dumped from. The r option should only be used to restore a complete dump tape onto a clear file system or to restore an incremental dump tape onto this. Thus mkfs /dev/hp0a 4807 restor r /dev/hp0a is a typical sequence to restore a complete dump. Another restor can be done to get an incremental dump in on top of this. A dump followed by a mkfs and a restor is used to change the size of a file system. FILES
/dev/rmt1 default file name rst* temporary files SEE ALSO
dump(8), dumpdir(8), mkfs(8) DIAGNOSTICS
There are various diagnostics involved with reading the tape and writing the disk. There are also diagnostics if the i-list or the free list of the file system is not large enough to hold the dump. If the dump extends over more than one tape, it may ask you to change tapes. Reply with a newline when the next tape has been mounted. Dump tapes made before the new ondisc directory structure will be converted automatically by restor . BUGS
There is redundant information on the tape that could be used in case of tape reading problems. Unfortunately, restor does't use it. 3rd Berkeley Distribution RESTOR(8)