Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date search
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting date search Post 302137231 by thirumaran on Monday 24th of September 2007 01:11:52 AM
Old 09-24-2007
date search

Hi

Need to serach a file after a particular date for a pattren match

example:
1) ldr.out => last run date is stored in which has value 2007-09-20
2) dberror.log => captures all db errors with date
Requirement
==========
shell script to get the ldr.out date value and search the file dberror.log for particular pattern "dbcrash" after 2007-09-20 till date
if it exists
echo "dbcrash has happened after | 2007-09-20 "

else
exit

Thanks
Thiru

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search by modification date

Hi I'd like to know if is it possible to find files given a certain modification date (say, 01-05-2006, that's 1st of May 2006) I can calculate the days backward: find / -ctime 23 but I wish to search by exact modification day Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slink
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search by modified date

Hello, How can i search for all the files in a particular directory which are not updated from past 5 days. Thanks, Sateesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a file with Current Date

Hi, How can we search for a file with current date(sysdate). Actually i want the file name from a directory which was created today(current date). For example i have a dir /home/arch and i have files with name aglito03axyz.datetimestamp in this directory, but all these files were created... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search files between a date range

Hi people A newbie here, thrown into the deep end. I want to select the group of files with in a range of dates and perform some operation on it. Are there inbuild date libraries i can use? I did read thru the old posts on this topic. Couldnt get much idea :(, basically want to know how I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zcanji
7 Replies

5. Solaris

search for date of modification

hi member. i want to know all file in the system which the last date of modification = 14-06-2010 for example what can i do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for files on a particular date

I have list of files generated on 2 dates which are shown below: -rw-r----- 1 bobby ccsdba 580945 Aug 16 16:13 file 1 -rw-r----- 1 bobby ccsdba 580945 Aug 16 16:16 file 2 -rwxrwxr-x 1 Shaan ccsdba 4422724 Aug 16 16:28 file 3 -rwxrwxr-x 1 bobby ccsdba 794 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for file and display by date

I like "ls -ltr". I would like to search for a file in a large directory recursively and and display all the candidates in reverse order. /usr/bin/find . -name \*.txt This works. How do I display the date and sort the file names by the date in reverse order for the entire directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search log file from a date

Hi All, I want to grep through all the log files created from 20th August. How do I do that? My script will run everyday. So it will take current date as To_Date. My log file name looks like - applog-2012-08-20-000001....applog-2012-08-20-000002...etc. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search file for a date variable?

Hello, I'm trying to write a ksh script which will allow me to to search for yesterday's date within a rtf file. I just need someway to know if the date is in the file, echo results to a text file, and then mail that out. The format of the date is mm/dd/yyyy. I had to make a variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronan1219
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX: Search file between two Date stamps

Hi, I have a requirement to find a file based on date stamp provided by user. In one of the shared location I get data file say “datafile<dataformat>“. And User will provide the date based on which I need to select a file which is 7 days older, if a file not present within 7 days, then I need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhosh86467
3 Replies
CONJUNCT(1)						      General Commands Manual						       CONJUNCT(1)

NAME
conjunct - find dates of equinox or new or full moon SYNOPSIS
conjunct [options] DESCRIPTION
conjunct searches for one of these events: spring equinox (default), summer solstice, autumn equinox, winter solstice, new moon, or full moon. OPTIONS
-s, --start date Set starting date (default is current date). The date may be either a Julian day number (e.g. 2454180.0 for noon, 2007 March 20) or an ISO 8601 date (e.g. 2007-03-20). -e, --end date Set ending date (default is one year from now). -V, --vernal, --spring Search for spring equinox (default). -S, --summer Search for summer solstice. -A, --autumn, --fall Search for autumn equinox. -W, --winter Search for winter solstice. -N, --newmoon Search for new moon. -F, --fullmoon Search for full moon. -h, --help Show summary of options. SEE ALSO
aa(1). AUTHOR
conjunct was written by Stephen L. Moshier <steve@moshier.net>. This manual page was written by James R. Van Zandt <jrv@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 24, 2006 CONJUNCT(1)