Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Process all file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Process all file Post 302137086 by porter on Saturday 22nd of September 2007 01:31:37 AM
Old 09-22-2007
Code:
data_files='Ma*.txt'

for file in $data_files

do

java Encrypt key.txt $file

done

You used the wrong variable...?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

process on file

Hello, I need to write this C program: MyProgram <user> that write on myfile.txt file all <users> 'process. MyProgram must call the ps -u <user> command, but with an exec or with a system? can any one help me? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FastMagister
0 Replies

2. AIX

process the old file first

hello i have direcotry in which i will be getting a number of input files with different names and i need to write a script where i need to process the older file first and then come out of the loop. can any one throw some light appreciate (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file > process > output to file

Hi all, OK, I am totally new to shell scripting as I just started today. All I want from shell scripting is something very basic, and I've been searching for tutorials on "processing files" and I could not find a suitable one for my level. I want to read two columns from a data file, one raw... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file is loaded completely and then process the file

I need to write a script which checks for files loaded into a folder (files are loaded by ftp from other server) and process the file only if the file is loaded completely. if the file is not complete in the current run, it must be processed in the next run. Any suggestions would be welcome... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyan381
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: process file

Hello, i have a file as below: ... AAA: 1 BBB: 2 CCC: 3 AAA: 11 BBB: 22 CCC: 33 AAA: 111 BBB: 222 CCC: 333 .... how to process it by using AWK to this: (AAA BBB CCC) .... 1 11 111 2 22 222 3 33 333 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0916981
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Process each File!

Hi All, I'm a newbie here in unix. I'm just wondering how can i process each file while in sftp? is it possible? Ex. server1 1.txt 2.txt how can i get the top of the file and process it. output: 1.txt is going to process because it's in the top. i can't figure out how to do it. T_T... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to copy a binary file while the file is being written to by another process

Hello, Can I copy a binary file while the file is being written to by another process? Another process (program) “P1” creates and opens (for writing) binary file “ABC” on local disk. Process P1 continuously write into ABC file every couple of seconds, adding 512-byte blocks of data. ABC file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbuki
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: How to write the log file simultaneously when .sql file executes by UNIX process

Hello Team- we would like to implement an approach which has to write the log file simultaneously when .sql file is executing by Unix process. At present,it is writing the log file once the process is completed. I've tested the current process with the below approaches and none of them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hima_B
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)