Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sh, ksh: how can i "send" Ctrl+C ? Post 302137062 by drl on Friday 21st of September 2007 01:58:30 PM
Old 09-21-2007
Hi.

The options on lynx will be useful:
Code:
#!/bin/sh -

# @(#) s1       Demonstrate lynx with options.

lynx -dump -nolist http://www.discogs.com/release/392142 |
grep "members want"

exit 0

Producing:
Code:
% ./s1
   2 members want this

See man lynx for details ... cheers, drl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

script running with "ksh" dumping core but not with "sh"

Hi, I have small script written in korn shell. When it is called from different script, its dumping core, but no core dump when we run it standalone. And its not dumping core if we run the script using "/bin/sh" instead of "ksh" Can some body please help me how to resolve this issue. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: simhe02
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to prevent "ctrl-C" input

Hi I have a script and its execution takes 40 - 60 minutes. The script is run on the console window of the machine. Script execution should not be broken by running ctrl-C under any circumstances. Is there a way to lock the window from any user input (ctrl-C in fact) till the end of the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

"/usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show" command does not work

Dear Concern, We have observed that following command stuck/does not work in some RedHat nodes. Please advise us to troubleshoot the issue. /usr/sbin/hpacucli ctrl all show Note: HP Array Configuration Utility CLI for Linux 64-bit With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)