Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [Please Help] ethernet problem on solaris Post 302137016 by porter on Friday 21st of September 2007 05:38:51 AM
Old 09-21-2007
Have you checked with Sun for relevant patches? Are you up to date on your 9_Recommended.zip?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aggregate ethernet ports under Solaris

I have been looking for info on how to aggregate 2 ore 3 NIC's into into one big pipe. Any advice would be appreciated. -Chuck (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ethernet card for Solaris

Hi, How can i check the speed of the Ethernet card that my Sun server has and also how can i change it to full Duplex if it is set to half duplex? What is the file that takes care of this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Solaris 9 Ethernet Card Problems

I keeping plumbing my ethernet card and assigning it an IP address and netmask, but after I reboot it keeps losing this information. Can anyone help me solve this problem? I am using the command: ifconfig hme0 plumb <IP Address> netmask <Subnet Mask> broadcast + up I am running Solaris 9 OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saucierm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet card problem...

I am an extreme novice trying to learn Linux. I have redhat 9 installed in a computer I built specifically to install and learn linux. I have an asus a7v8x-x motherboard with the realtek 10/100 mbps ethernet card. I also installed a Jaht adapter jn-1110r32c ethernet card. I cannot get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tony Empire
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet in SPARCstation 5 Solaris 8

Hey. i have been trying to configure the on board Ethernet in My Sparcstation 5, i have spent a lot of time on the ifconfig man pages. but it could really be nice with some pro. help. i don't think the interface is running . i don't know what name the interface have, le0 eth0 et0, it just says no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet SS5 Solaris 8

Hey. how do i configure the Lance Ethernet in my SS5 i must use DHCP to get Internet access. i have tried sys-unconfig and ifconfig le0 plumb and dhcp. but no cigar. how do i configure ? i have had some problems with the /etc/hosts dir. it says it dosent exist and when i try to create it it says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
1 Replies

7. Solaris

ethernet problem

Boot device: /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4/fp@0,0/disk@w500000e0103c3391,0:a File and args: SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-29 64-bit Copyright 1983-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. ifconfig: plumb: qfe2: Bad file number configuring IPv4 interfaces: eri0. moving addresses... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fredginting
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to get Solaris 8 x86 (32 bits) ethernet up on Vmware 6.x.x?

Hello professional, I am using Solaris 8 x86 (32 bits) running on Vmware 6.x.x my vmware configuration: config.version = "8" virtualHW.version = "6" scsi0.present = "TRUE" memsize = "1024" ide0:0.present = "TRUE" ide0:0.fileName = "Other.vmdk" ide1:0.present = "TRUE"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draggy
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Solaris ethernet interface

Hi, During the installation of solaris suppose I am configuring one ethernet interface that is primary but on my server there are 4 ethernet interfaces,because all other interface not configured, what is way to find out how many ethernet interfaces are there on Server, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem with my Ethernet Card

Hi Gurus of Solaris. I have a problem yesterday when I was installing solaris in a x86 equipement I attached some log that I capture when I try to resolve the problem Any guru that can help please. Any command or procedure that I can run, please advice me Regards Andres (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
10 Replies
updatemanager(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 updatemanager(1M)

NAME
updatemanager - start the Sun Update Manager application SYNOPSIS
updatemanager DESCRIPTION
The updatemanager command starts the Sun Update Manager application. The Sun Update Manager is a graphical user interface (GUI) that you can use to manage updates and patches on your Solaris system. For more information about using this application, see the Sun Update Manager 1.0 Administration Guide in the Sun Update Connection, System Edition Collection on docs.sun.com. You can also manage updates and patches on the command line by using the smpatch command. See the smpatch(1M) man page. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWupdatemgru | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smpatch(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 11 Oct 2005 updatemanager(1M)