Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem with NFS & rpc.lockd-Help Needed Post 302136996 by zaxxon on Friday 21st of September 2007 01:36:04 AM
Old 09-21-2007
So generally it works until some point in time? Is it always the same amount of time until it stops working? What error messages do the clients get, if any? What's the output of "nfstat"?
Did it work before the other admin left or was there some changes to the server or the clients?
Any entries in the error report ("errpt" or "errpt -a")?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

NFS security issues with lockd and statd

We are trying to implement a NAS solution with UNIX servers and multiple networks, and I've heard that NFS has security issues with lockd and statd. The security issue as it was explained to me is that these services are subject to vulnerabilities/exploits, and that users who connect to Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onceagain
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem: Automounting Home directory for nis & nfs configuration doesn't work

Hi all, First of all, i am so sorry about my bad level in English writing. I have some problem in linux and i hope the experts of this forum to help me if they have enough time to reply to me. I have a scenario of configuring NIS and NFS in Redhat Linux environment such that user can login... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioneer
0 Replies

3. Solaris

NFS and RPC in Solaris 10

I have been told to disable the rpc processes such as rstat and rusers on some servers for security concerns, what if I am running NFS on those servers. Would it affect the NFS since both rstat and rusers are nfs daemons?? I MUST have the NFS running on the server. Can I disable rstat and rusers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitsurughi
2 Replies

4. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies

5. Linux

RPC Problem

:confused:Hi guys, The RPC problem is appearing on the screen while starting the portmap service,take a look of the real.. # service portmap restart Stopping portmap: Starting portmap: Cannot register... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL5 Kickstart NFS & DHCP Problem

I just finished setting up a Kickstart Server for our RHEL 5 installs. It's configured to use the PXE boot and NFS for the installation. Everything works fine when I just build one machine at a time. The installation works from begining to end. But when I try the install three machines at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apfistler
5 Replies

7. Web Development

NFS Share & Mount problem

Hi, I want to mount an NFS Shared folder on Windows XP to vxWorks. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the sharing. Now, when i try to mount the directory onto vxWorks (it runs on a Tumbleweed card), using a mount script (.sh), the following is the print i see on Tera Term: hostAdd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayzen
0 Replies

8. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Nfs client mount RPC Error: Program not registered.

Hello, I was having few issues on my linux box, I am getting this error whenever I tried to mount a share on a client linux host. # mount -t nfs 10.10.4.150:/data/pops_sva /mnt mount: mount to NFS server '10.10.4.150' failed: RPC Error: Program not registered. # I see the error and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
4 Replies

10. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies
XSelectInput(3) 						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						   XSelectInput(3)

NAME
XSelectInput - select input events SYNTAX
int XSelectInput(Display *display, Window w, long event_mask); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. event_mask Specifies the event mask. w Specifies the window whose events you are interested in. DESCRIPTION
The XSelectInput function requests that the X server report the events associated with the specified event mask. Initially, X will not report any of these events. Events are reported relative to a window. If a window is not interested in a device event, it usually propa- gates to the closest ancestor that is interested, unless the do_not_propagate mask prohibits it. Setting the event-mask attribute of a window overrides any previous call for the same window but not for other clients. Multiple clients can select for the same events on the same window with the following restrictions: o Multiple clients can select events on the same window because their event masks are disjoint. When the X server generates an event, it reports it to all interested clients. o Only one client at a time can select CirculateRequest, ConfigureRequest, or MapRequest events, which are associated with the event mask SubstructureRedirectMask. o Only one client at a time can select a ResizeRequest event, which is associated with the event mask ResizeRedirectMask. o Only one client at a time can select a ButtonPress event, which is associated with the event mask ButtonPressMask. The server reports the event to all interested clients. XSelectInput can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XSelectInput(3)