Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users System hanged. help required. Post 302136976 by blowtorch on Thursday 20th of September 2007 09:03:08 PM
Old 09-20-2007
What about the monitor? What does it show? Is this system a production box? Is the application that runs on it responding? If yes, let it run, take a downtime after informing the necessary people then reboot it. Try to save the system core (I am not sure how you would do this on linux). If not, reboot it rightaway, save core again. After the system comes up, try to analyse the corefile to determine what went wrong.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

URGENT Help required regarding the use of FORK system call

I desperately wanted one of the UNIX Gurus to help me resolve my problem asap(I have to deliver the code to the client by Monday 08-oct). I have a file with around 5 million records (50 lakhs). Now my original process was taking around 30 hours to read the complete file, process each and every... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkumar1975
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Binary Get Hanged

Hi, In our product we have use binary that fork the child process to make proxy the connection to device.But recently when we try to connect new configured device several times it get handed and binary stop making further new connection to device.it required to RESTART the services to make binary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anand Prakash
1 Replies

3. Programming

Help required with using system() call

Hi, I try to write a C program which lists the output of a paticular command with all the available options (a to z) for the command in the directory of execution. This program will generate the output if the option exists for the particular command else it will display some message saying... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Required installation steps for perl 5.8.9 on Solaris 2.8 operating system

Hi Can any one suggest me the instalation guideline for perl 5.8.9 on UNIX/solaris 2.8 environment. Pooja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
2 Replies

5. Solaris

The system (Solaris 8) has not found required fonts.

Hi guys and ladies! The application not found required fonts. I checked, the packages SUNWi5rf, SUNWi5of are installed. Then I checked availability the directories iso8859-5, iso8859_5 at /usr/openwin/lib/locale. I checked after that. % xlsfonts | grep "lucida-" The system showed only ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a File system with required permissions for all DIR's created in

Hello All, I am application admin. I need to clear all the temporary files cleared by the applications. I need help/suggestion that is there any way to create a file system such that every Dir created in by any user will have 775 permissions. So, that i can simply clear the temporary file which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System + Network Programming, your advice required???

Dear friends, Before putting my questions forward, I would like to put some data infront of you, hope you will help me at the end. This website Cray-Cyber - Welcome provides free access to many supercomputers and mainframe computers. When you login through ssh, they provide you with a screen,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
0 Replies

8. Programming

System + Network Programming, your advice required???

Dear friends, Before putting my questions forward, I would like to put some data infront of you, hope you will help me at the end. This website Cray-Cyber - Welcome provides free access to many supercomputers and mainframe computers. When you login through ssh, they provide you with a screen,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

System shell nologin script required

Hi Part of our security audit we found that following system account's had shells configured; sync halt shutdown I believe this can be achieved by following commands: chsh -s /sbin/nologin (user) usermod -s /sbin/nologin (user) However, I would like simple script to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gamma
5 Replies

10. Programming

Configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required

I am trying to compile thunar 1.8.4. It is giving me this error. configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)						       GLUT						      glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutDialsFunc - sets the dial & button box dials callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutDialsFunc(void (*func)(int dial, int value)); ARGUMENTS
func The new dials callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutDialsFunc sets the dial & button box dials callback for the current window. The dial & button box dials callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box dial changes. The dial parameter will be the dial number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box dials can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_DIALS). The value measures the absolute rotation in degrees. Dial values do not ``roll over'' with each com- plete rotation but continue to accumulate degrees (until the int dial value overflows). Registering a dial & button box dials callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box dials callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutDialsFunc disables the generation of dial & button box dials callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box dials callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutButtonBoxFunc, glutDeviceGet AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)