Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fairly new to scripting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Fairly new to scripting Post 302136819 by porter on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 10:29:37 PM
Old 09-19-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocanyc
How does SCP work? And how can I apply it to my situation? Does 'mailx' work with this as well?
1. scp - secure copy - man scp - basically -

Code:
scp [options] from to

2. mailx has nothing to do with scp, sftp or ftp.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Programming

Does realloc free fairly?

Hello, my program works properly but valgrind tells me I am not freeing allocated memory. I think the problem is in realloc. I am pretty sure I do something wrong with realloc, because I changed it a bit and valgrind noticed less errors (that the program wasn't working properly with less errors... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samciz
3 Replies

4. Programming

Read/Write a fairly large amount of data to a file as fast as possible

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the best solution to the following problem, and I'm not yet that much experienced like you. :-) Basically I have to read a fairly large file, composed of "messages" , in order to display all of them through an user interface (made with QT). The messages that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

7. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

9. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on a fairly complicated shell script

Hello, also with the help of some great users of this forum, I have created following shell script. MM=120 GG=5000 # get size of directory szm=$(du -s --block-size M ./192.168.1.xxx | awk '{print int($0)}') data=$(date --rfc-3339=seconds) if ; then # too big delete older files ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcaccount
10 Replies
bup-ftp(1)						      General Commands Manual							bup-ftp(1)

NAME
bup-web - Start web server to browse bup repositiory SYNOPSIS
bup web [[hostname]:port] DESCRIPTION
bup web starts a web server that can browse bup repositories. The file hierarchy is the same as that shown by bup-fuse(1), bup-ls(1) and bup-ftp(1). hostname and port default to 127.0.0.1 and 8080, respectively, and hence bup web will only offer up the web server to locally running clients. If you'd like to expose the web server to anyone on your network (dangerous!) you can omit the bind address to bind to all avail- able interfaces: :8080. EXAMPLE
$ bup web Serving HTTP on 127.0.0.1:8080... ^C $ bup web :8080 Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0:8080... ^C SEE ALSO
bup-fuse(1), bup-ls(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-restore(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Joe Beda <jbeda@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-ftp(1)