Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Coping files from server to local Post 302136750 by jhofilena on Wednesday 19th of September 2007 01:03:06 PM
Old 09-19-2007
Yeah, I figured that it would be done with a script and CRON, and that's where I'm running into trouble. I'm not sure how to script this. Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Coping filies from Linux Server to HP-UX Server

I intend to copy file from a linux server (named zambezi) to a hp-ux (named mocuba). When I execute the command #rcp -rp zambezi:/etc/hosts /u2 / I receive the following message rcmd: connect: zambezi: Connection refused when I execute the command in the linux to copy from the HP-UX I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy files from local computer to server

hi, im a newbie using unix. My local computer OS is Windows XP while server is using Unix. May i know how to transfer file from local computer to server? i do not know the commands. Thanks. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagolo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically copying files from server to local drive?

I would like automate the process of copying some logs files from a server to my local hard drive at a set time each week/day. I don't really know anything about creating and scheduling jobs. Is this something I could setup relatively easily? I would like to automatically copy all the logs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sepia
1 Replies

5. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How do i copy files from Unix Server to my Local Desktop.. ANy ideas..please suggest....V Urgent. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: win4luv
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How to copy files from Unix server to Local (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: win4luv
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files from local sys to unix server

Hi All, can anybody explain me how to ftp files from local system to unix server using Shell scripting without using any softwares. i have developed some code but its not wrking. lclpath=/dba58/d039/ftppubd/ajay echo $lclpath cd $lclpath user='rajesh' pswd='rajesh' host="3.209.136.253"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy files from remote server to local?

Hi experts, I 'm newbie to unix world, now I have task to copy the latest files from remote server to my local. I believe this must be very common request in this community. I want you do it one more time for me please. My requirement is something like this: I receive files in the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies
WRAP-AND-SORT(1)					      General Commands Manual						  WRAP-AND-SORT(1)

NAME
wrap-and-sort - wrap long lines and sort items in Debian packaging files SYNOPSIS
wrap-and-sort [options] DESCRIPTION
wrap-and-sort wraps the package lists in Debian control files. By default the lists will only split into multiple lines if the entries are longer than 80 characters. wrap-and-sort sorts the package lists in Debian control files and all .install files. Beside that wrap-and-sort removes trailing spaces in these files. This script should be run in the root of a Debian package tree. It searches for control, control.in, copyright, copyright.in, install, and *.install in the debian directory. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show this help message and exit. -a, --wrap-always Wrap all package lists in the Debian control file even if the entries are shorter than 80 characters and could fit in one line line. -s, --short-indent Only indent wrapped lines by one space (default is in-line with the field name). -b, --sort-binary-packages Sort binary package paragraphs by name. -k, --keep-first When sorting binary package paragraphs, leave the first one at the top. Unqualified debhelper(7) configuration files are applied to the first package. -n, --no-cleanup Do not remove trailing whitespaces. -d path, --debian-directory=path Location of the debian directory (default: ./debian). -f file, --file=file Wrap and sort only the specified file. You can specify this parameter multiple times. All supported files will be processed if no files are specified. -v, --verbose Print all files that are touched. AUTHORS
wrap-and-sort and this manpage have been written by Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org>. Both are released under the ISC license. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WRAP-AND-SORT(1)